Themed reef idea

shibbyplustax

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
186
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so while watching Event Horizon yesterday (pretty decent flick) and seeing my 60g cube in the corner, i had a good idea. I always thought that my reef tank looks like an alien world, so my idea was to have a space themed tank. I was thinking it would be cool to have a little model scene made out to look like a space ship crash landed in my tank. Thought I could maybe look around for sci fi models and find a futuristic space ship to use. I could seal it or whatever to make sure its reef safe. Was thinking of stocking with only alien looking corals and maybe just a mantis shrimp as the one inhabitant. Was looking at the mr aqua extra long 12g to use for this to give me plenty of room to work with.


What do you guys think?

Any other cool ideas or input?
 
I think it is great idea! It would get covered in coralline an other stuff that would resemble a shipwreck-turned-reef!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new