Theoretical 75g stocking

seanarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning a 75 gallon reef tank with an AIO in-tank sump filter. Will have a 6 bulb fluorescent light with ATI bulbs, should grow about anything I want that's in my price range. (I won't be buying any of those $70+ corals that require ridiculously high par or anything.)

Was wondering if anybody had a stocking list? Including clean-up crew and inverts. I'd like the suggestions to be as reef safe as possible (so no 'reef safe with caution' that will most likely eat my coral anyway when I'm not looking) - I'd also like to steer away from the corals that manage to sometimes eat fish, if only for the fact that I can't get fish here that aren't from Petco half the time save for shipping so I don't want to take any chances.

I also kind of have trouble with people suggesting one fish or a few that could go in a tank, because I don't know what the limit is for the stocking or what would be 'too much' with everything else - I wouldn't know if that meant "this is all you can put in there" or "this is one fish you could put in there, if you wanted"... I personally wouldn't mind getting a single urchin (only because I plan on gluing my more 'valued' frags down, and if he still manages to take them somewhere that would probably be my own fault)

I don't want to have any fish that have a disposition to end up being huge bullies, or any fish that can suddenly become aggressive and murder any of my other fish (clownfish... I wouldn't mind one, but a pair would probably be too violent for the tank.)

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stocking limit will be determined by your filtration and how well you maintain/upkeep the tank. As for fish aggression, even fish that are "peaceful" sometimes take issue with other fish (due to feeding, environment, hiding spaces, etc.)

If you're looking for survivability and compatibility guarantees - there aren't any.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back