There's something fishy about this build...

Hey Sam aka Wrasse nerd,

I bought this wrasse earlier this year. I don’t see it flashing or extending it dorsal fin.

Can you please identify it? If you have an explanation as to why it’s not flashing, please let me know.

I bought it as a whip fin wrasse.

It’s not whipping it’s fin.

IMG_0961.jpeg
IMG_0962.jpeg


IMG_0963.jpeg


IMG_0964.jpeg
Cirrhilabrus filamentosus, one of the closest relatives to cyanogularis.
 
For the yellow its if it has spots on its dorsal fin if I remember. The female has eyespots
Yellow wrasses also gain orange/green striping along the dorsal, anal and caudal fins and throughout the face (not my photo - if I had one, it’d be a leucoxanthus ;))
1733091971113.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I have an aquatop one but I think the UV bulb is broken
If you don’t have a UV sorted yet I have one. How many gallons total is your tank? I have the Aqua UV 27 not currently in use as I upgraded. I’m happy to gift it to you.
 
If you don’t have a UV sorted yet I have one. How many gallons total is your tank? I have the Aqua UV 27 not currently in use as I upgraded. I’m happy to gift it to you.
PM’d!
 
I pro ably shouldn’t have gotten these two

Now I wanna go back

The leopard has been there since the 12th

IMG_0445.jpeg IMG_0443.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new