These Clams Really Are Unique

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the past 23 years I have handled and sold many thousands of clams and have even set up clams farms in distant exotic locations around the world.
OffToRemoteness_600x.jpg
ClamVats2_600x.jpg

Tridacna clams are different colors and patterns from every location. For example, in French Polynesia the Maxima clams are distinct and different colors and patterns around every island. A trained eye can recognize the origin just from the colors and patterns. So, from each island and thus every country, clams have a different appearance.

I have helped set up clam farms in French Polynesia, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Bali. From each area we have imported cultured clams. Due to Covid, freight restrictions, permits, local political unrest, and government regulations clam availability from these farms can be quite variable. The colors and patterns of the same species of clams from each farm vary considerably!
20161230_182233~3.jpg

20160819_115419~4.jpg

The current batch of clams we have available for sale are from the Bali farm and they have totally unique color combinations not seen from any other region of the world. No where else do we see the purples and other amazing colors and combinations along with their mesmerizing patterns.

Over the last 23 years I have devoted a lot of effort to understanding the farming and care of clams. As much as I can I freely share this information and try continuously to dispel the common myths and misconceptions about clams and their care. Generally, these cultured clams are easy to keep, do not need to be specially fed and make for incredible additions to many home reefs. They are the gems of the sea!

You can check out many of my clam care videos on YouTube. My style is straightforward and casual. I don't do glitz or polished video productions. I'm a hobbyist at heart! I have been a reef hobbyist since 1965. I still have the same passion for the hobby that I had back then. I do not consider myself an expert, I learn every day and will honestly share my experiences.

My task is to be the best steward of God's creations as I possibly can be. I am always in awe of his work and feel that my life's goal is to bring the beauty of the sea to as many folks as I possibly can. So many are unaware of the incredible beauty God has created and I find a true reward in being able in my small way to enlighten those that have never before seen these amazing animals. I love seeing the delight in hobbyists or in tour groups that come through our facility, both seniors and school kids, seeing these animals for the first time.
20220613_120537~4.jpg

FB_IMG_1559268619680~3.jpg

Look at these cultured Maxima clams! I am in awe of their beauty. Staring at them makes you realize the details of life that we many times are too busy to notice. I am humbled by their beauty. Just like people, each is unique!

I love what I do!

VOC1407_400x (1).jpg
VOC1415_400x (2).jpg
VOC1409_400x (1).jpg
VOC1405_400x (2).jpg
VOC1402_400x (2).jpg
VOC1510_400x (2).jpg

Last edited:

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind if I ask if getting CITES approval is a lot more difficult now?

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful clams and write up. Also great that you are bringing a sustainable business enterprise to the local communities. Unfortunately my Valentini puffer would not be able to resist them, otherwise I would be ordering from you for sure.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Takes a bit longer, but not an issue now. Currently awaiting more clams growing out.

I’m still wondering why the quantity of clams and the availability in not just the US but seemingly everywhere is way, way down from 10-20 years ago. Are they just not in very high demand?

Btw, beautiful clams you have, if I could get them delivered to me here in Japan I’d buy them all!

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still wondering why the quantity of clams and the availability in not just the US but seemingly everywhere is way, way down from 10-20 years ago. Are they just not in very high demand?

Btw, beautiful clams you have, if I could get them delivered to me here in Japan I’d buy them all!

That can be arranged

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MartinM
I was told that the most expensive clams are going to Japan and China because the reefers there are willing to pay for them, not the US. I guess that is not true. I missed seeing the Ultra Crocea like the one I had in the 2000. I am hunting for them but so far not able to get anything near the jewel I got back then.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221221_183518~2.jpg

New WYSIWYG Cultured Clams

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%

Back