Thin Yellow Tang (Video)

shawnriv

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
473
Reaction score
230
Location
Rhode Island
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All -

About a year ago I had to move out of my home and put my 90G in storage. In the meantime, I set up a holding tank for my yellow tang and corals. The yellow tang has never really been on the fat, heavy side but always ate anything I put in the tank. The tang is not large and has been housed in a 40G tank until my wife and I purchase a new home - we’re living in an apartment right now. The tang has never been a big eater. I feed frozen mysis, frozen spirulina, julian’s sea veggies, and recently tried green marine algae with natural garlic extract. Nothing seems to get his appetite really going. You’ll see in the video a clip housing the sea veggie and a rock with attached garlic algae. I conduct 25% water changes weekly. I cannot figure out this yellow tang. I’ve had him for about three years now and just have not been able to get him “healthy” looking. Here is the video below:

My Yellow Tang Video
 
Is that a new behavior and if so, how long has the YT been that way.
For reference, mine actually stops eating for several days every once in a while. Not a clue why, then, just back to normal within a week.

5A4A2653-FF10-4CFE-8C58-38E528B4C63A.jpeg
 
Is that a new behavior and if so, how long has the YT been that way.
For reference, mine actually stops eating for several days every once in a while. Not a clue why, then, just back to normal within a week.

5A4A2653-FF10-4CFE-8C58-38E528B4C63A.jpeg

why/how does the fins become like that?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new