Think got INFECTED WITH A BUG or ITCH...Contagious?

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pancho. How do u have ur sump set up? Could u give me details please.
Hello, sure here you some pics from my phone. The chiller is in the left, the UVC is on the right with chaeto and the light. I replaced the C-Skim with a Nyos 160 (last pictures). I will add my Apex next week on the left side. Please free free to ask any questions, there are several Red Sea Max owners here, we are happy to help.
FBEBAA2E-DF95-49A9-B0C7-EC708646980B.jpeg
FBC57234-33FD-451A-AD76-C868FA7F9FFE.jpeg
47372675-D16E-4FA2-ACFA-11078E869465.jpeg

324753D2-BD5F-43C2-BE74-80D9FFFD1A2D.jpeg

OP
OP
P

Prinz55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PanchoG what made u replace skimmer?
Also, do u know what’s the deal with Red Sea thinking it’s a good idea to use return pump to feed skimmer and then return skimmer water back to the sock again ? Am I missing something or is that the dumbest thing ever or is there any logic to that I’m missing?

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, do u know what’s the deal with Red Sea thinking it’s a good idea to use return pump to feed skimmer and then return skimmer water back to the sock again ? Am I missing something or is that the dumbest thing ever or is there any logic to that I’m missing?
The C-Skim do the job no fault in that, my C-Skim was effective but it can be noisy and is really big. I wanted to run the tank as quiet as possible, several members here running S-400, S-500 and S-650 have changed to the Nyos 160 or Reef Octopus Varios.

The return pump should only be going to the return hose. The C-Skim should be in his own loop, getting water and return it just before the socks.

OP
OP
P

Prinz55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The C-Skim do the job no fault in that, my C-Skim was effective but it can be noisy and is really big. I wanted to run the tank as quiet as possible, several members here running S-400, S-500 and S-650 have changed to the Nyos 160 or Reef Octopus Varios.

The return pump should only be going to the return hose. The C-Skim should be in his own loop, getting water and return it just before the socks.
The directions had c-skim hooked up to manifold which gets its water from the return pump. Even in your first pic I think it’s hooked up the same. Can u look at my pic and see what I mean

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your connections are good. Did you turn it on?

You may have noise coming from the down flow area but should be fix it adjusting the down flow valve in the back.

OP
OP
P

Prinz55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your connections are good. Did you turn it on?

You may have noise coming from the down flow area but should be fix it adjusting the down flow valve in the back.
I haven’t turned on yet. I’m sure connections are good. I was only wondering why Red Sea decided to get water from return manifold then sump skimmed water back into sock for design

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Typically is return to sock to skimmer through Fuge and then return pump to tank

Sparky88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a chiller under the stand? If so ur just dumping the heat u took out of the tank right next to it. Realy ineffient that way

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is that a chiller under the stand? If so ur just dumping the heat u took out of the tank right next to it. Realy ineffient that way
That’s a chiller unit

Sparky88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the heat you take out of the tank is just blown out the back of the mechine. Your electrical usage will go way down if you put that in a different room or vent it. Great tank good luck

OP
OP
P

Prinz55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the heat you take out of the tank is just blown out the back of the mechine. Your electrical usage will go way down if you put that in a different room or vent it. Great tank good luck
Back is vented. Warm air is not being trapped in stand with sump. It’s being vented out the back of cabinet. That’s one of reasons tank and stand are about 8 inches from wall. Might be at most 10 percent more efficient if in another room, but there there’s another pump to run so how efficient would it really be at that point? If cabinet wasn’t vented, tank was all way up in wall and or sump was in same section. I could agree a hundred percent.

OP
OP
P

Prinz55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks though. I can see where ur coming from though. I was thinking about it from a different point of view. I have the chiller in my cabinet and don’t even believe I’ll need it. It may never run. I have solar and never have my house hotter than 75. Ac is always on. I can see how if someone wasn’t running ac they could be heating room up which in turn would heat tank.

Sparky88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the heat from tank is being added to the air around tank. Ie increasing ambient temp. Ie raising water temp. Thats y ac units hang outside the room or have vent to window. No need to step on this guys thread tho cause his new tank is SICK. lps or sps bud?

Sparky88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought is was strange to see led and a chiller together. Usually don't. I figured id let ya no incase the chiller was causing u to need a chiller lol

OP
OP
P

Prinz55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought is was strange to see led and a chiller together. Usually don't. I figured id let ya no incase the chiller was causing u to need a chiller lol
[/
All the heat from tank is being added to the air around tank. Ie increasing ambient temp. Ie raising water temp. Thats y ac units hang outside the room or have vent to window. No need to step on this guys thread tho cause his new tank is SICK. lps or sps bud?
mixed tank is what I’m looking to do

OP
OP
P

Prinz55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to block out all the light to refugium. Opinions? Was gonna silicone piece in so detritus doesn’t build up between abs sheet and glass

8EF5EA10-B514-436F-8242-4A595CE8AF9B.jpeg 31E2BD1F-70CE-4E65-B4D4-3829B5D6B8FB.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back