Thinkin bout quittin

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harry,

I'm having similar thoughts, even had offers to buy out the livestock. I'm not ready yet but since I've been excercising daily lately I find myself wanting to do more things outside. I'm down to about 3 weeks on water changes and no degradation in coral color or health. Scraping coralline on an acrylic tank is probably what is swinging it for me at the moment, that REALLY bites! Maybe a downsize is in order. Good luck whatever you decide to do and if you really want to talk Harleys I'll hook you up with my sister-in-law. She does custom Harleys and has been in EasyRider in the past (one of the bike babes LOL).

Dave

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BOB, that was what I thought about you, but just surprised me in your comment on it. guess the smiley caught me off guard. I am new to the ALABAMA reefer group so I dont quite know everyone's history... I ahve a bad one of hijacking a thread.

Harry, I can always make an excuse to go work off some coral addiction in huntsville if u need a hand...

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say the miracle mud is awesome, I went and talked to Leng Sy in February who owns Ecosystems and am using the mud and his balling method on the frag tank. No water changes since February and all is looking great. If you decide to go that route I can help, not cheap but well worth it.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered 5 more lbs.Should be here soon.All the new goodies are soaking now.Can't wait to show Tammy what all I bought in Fla.

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason,are you using miracle mud or mineral mud? I thought I remembered you getting some mineral mud a while back ago...

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had got the mineral and switched to the miracle mud.One of the wholesalers was running a special a while back.Since I set up some new tanks I got some more.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BOB, that was what I thought about you, but just surprised me in your comment on it. guess the smiley caught me off guard. I am new to the ALABAMA reefer group so I dont quite know everyone's history... I ahve a bad one of hijacking a thread.
Gee I'm kinda like the narc clown and enjoy every minute of it!!!!!!!!
But if you don't want to obtain clown status don't let people know some of these idea work.

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harry, no no no!!! You are not allowed to, but you may consider downgrading to your favs, in which case I can take anything you no longer want!!!:xd:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But if you don't want to obtain clown status don't let people know some of these idea work.

yup.. just us clowns.. I refer to myself as the lazy reefer....granted, I must admit, I did a water change last weekend. first time in 9 months.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right.... had ti fill up 7.5 buckets from teh sump then pump the ENTIRE top off container into the sump.. I like to have died.

Ghostbuster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a couple of frags from you a few years back at a frag swap in Montgomery AL.... Every once in a while I will look you up and see the photos of the corals you have available and you have an amazing/unique collection of corals available that no one else has. If you leave the hobby, you'll have to give you stuff to someone that is as consistent as you are :)

OP
OP
H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just joking folks. I'm not ready to quit quite yet. As a matter of fact, I recently bought some more acros.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right.... had ti fill up 7.5 buckets from teh sump then pump the ENTIRE top off container into the sump.. I like to have died.

:wink:

A few years ago The grand daughter's boyfiend helped me move the 55g from livingroom to porch.

Got every thing into buckets/containers adn movee the tank and stand then I turned to b/f and said.

"now how do we get all that water up to the tank?"

You should have seen the worried, perplexed, OMG look on his face.

then I say "well would could just use this water pump" :bigsmile:

(he looked very relieved)

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H@rry .. I have not met you yet but you have given me some advise. I was very pleased to hear that you where just joking about getting out. I would some day love to see your set ups and ask a bunch of questions. I have been in this hobby for about 4 yrs now and am still confused as heck on some things. I work a Redstone so I'm not too far from you. Thanks for all your past advise and keep up the good work.
Ed

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if incessant routine maintenance is getting old, a Harley is the wrong bike bro! Lol
I was in a similar mindset and downsized all my systems to one Solana with a new theme (for me)... brought the joy if the hobby back for me and freed me from feeling like a Harley owner! ;)

hahaha i was going to say the same thing about the harley, probably just as much maintenance if not more

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am also glad to hear you're not getting out, i regularly make/destroy/make again dream SPS list of your sale threads haha... one day i will have the money to take advantage of your great sales, keep fighting the good fight.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back