Third time better be the charm

I am an idiot. Ca and alk dosers wouldnt work because I didn't have bluetooth on on my phone.
ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

Time to go snuggle with the dog and eat some chocolate.
 
PSA: With proper dosing you too can get your alk in line.
This am its up to 7.0 from 6.1. 24 hr increase going to keep it slow and steady. such a "rookie" mistake/oversight. live and learn.
 
Need to find new place for pink octo. Sps fell into it and it's a goner. Now it's fighting with the chalice on the left. Need to frag or move it to the back away from everything else. It's what was killing another coral too that I moved. Plate isn't pleased either.
20231228_162910.jpg
 
Moved. This one and the framer may be getting fragged for play money at the show in February. Need to get a dremel or figure ot yhe right cutting blade for my oscillating gizmo
20231228_173018.jpg
 
Last edited:
Need to find new place for pink octo. Sps fell into it and it's a goner. Now it's fighting with the chalice on the left. Need to frag or move it to the back away from everything else. It's what was killing another coral too that I moved. Plate isn't pleased either.
20231228_162910.jpg
lick GIF
 
Cleaned the overflow weir and powerheads. Flow is much better. Need to invest in some bumble bee snails it appears a certain spot in the tank has an abundance of worms of the not good sort. Had some weird eggs on the glass the other day, weren't the snail ones I was familiar with may have been the clowns but they have all been eaten. Alk is where it should be and as a result ph is doing much better as well. Hoping things are finally on the upswing or at least stable and happy. Fund's for the tank, other than essentials are getting locked down as well. At least until tax time has past and I know whether I owe for working the second job or not. Water change for the office tank tomorrow.
Things are good in the hood. Have a wonderful new years.
 
My kids are taking pottery lessons do free hand clay projects.
Upper left bowl was paint only, pre formed. The other 3 I did all by myself :)
Proud Self Five GIF by Zara Larsson
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new