BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210706_183918.jpg

Above is some of last years harvest.

20210706_191724.jpg

My logo. My last name is Nealis. So yeah trying to be funny here. Play on the phrase "the bees knees".
20210623_171523.jpg

These were the 2 hives from last year. I need to take new pix for this year. Expanded to 3.
My eyes stumbled over Kneeless, like 3 times

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're considering keeping those paper bees or whatever they call them. Upside is no stingers (I live in the city and have whiney neighbors), downside is no honey... Upside is they still pollinate my garden!

I'm also considering black soldier flies. Upside is they speed up my compost and even help break down dog poop, downside is ... I'll let you know when I think of something.
It's amazing how fast the neighbors went from whiney to inquisitive and nice after a honey bribe. Next year will be chickens.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Super into this life. I knew a lady a while ago that was a very accomplished, beekeeper locally. I was able to source straight wax from her, which I used in creating a lot of my own woodworking finishes. MOAR of this spam please.
I have a guy here that has over 90 hives around the area.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a guy here that has over 90 hives around the area.
Yeah the guy I got mine from runs to Florida in the winter to work the farms down there. Semi commercials and small business have about that many hives or more. The big commercial ops are never in one place they just drive around or ship them to different places for pollination. Smaller folks can get $ from honey etc but the big money is in pollination services. 3 is about all I can handle. I could have more but I have other things I love doing too in the summer so it's a balance. It's a super fun hobby and not as hard as you think. Way easier then reefing for sure, at least for me.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's amazing how fast the neighbors went from whiney to inquisitive and nice after a honey bribe. Next year will be chickens.
My buddy just hatched me some Jumbo Coturnix quail. Gotta get a spot ready for them!

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the guy I got mine from runs to Florida in the winter to work the farms down there. Semi commercials and small business have about that many hives or more. The big commercial ops are never in one place they just drive around or ship them to different places for pollination. Smaller folks can get $ from honey etc but the big money is in pollination services. 3 is about all I can handle. I could have more but I have other things I love doing too in the summer so it's a balance. It's a super fun hobby and not as hard as you think. Way easier then reefing for sure, at least for me.
Ya my guy doesn't do that says it causes them a lot of stress

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya my guy doesn't do that says it causes them q lot of stress
its funny there are alot of parallels to saltwater. some are in it just for the money and dont care about the animals and some are in it for the animals and dont care about the money. there are also a ton of different ways to do the same thing or solve a problem and nothing good happens fast.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The thing about honey is, it is one of the many natural foods that can help with seasonal allergies. You want your honey as local as possible. I know there are local honey farms here. I have social anxiety though :( making phone calls feels like the end of the world. I'm working on it!

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing about honey is, it is one of the many natural foods that can help with seasonal allergies. You want your honey as local as possible. I know there are local honey farms here. I have social anxiety though :( making phone calls feels like the end of the world. I'm working on it!
You want unpasteurized honey.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back