OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the cuc is in and cleaning. But I think I may have an issue with my Duncan. I am really ticked. It looks like bjd so I immediately pulled it from the main tank and put it in the rubbermaid that's still up in the basement. I am so tired right now that I will just check it in the morning. Can't frag it stalks are too thick for my bone cutters. No Luols, no hydrogen peroxide and I only have Bayer for dip. So we will see how the weekend goes. This was one of my very first corals and there are over 20 heads on it. I even tested this am and nothing was "out of the normal" levels for the tank.
I need a friggin vacation again.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked on the Duncan this am and did the smell test. No smell and no addtl brown stuff. I removed what i could last night with tweezers. I am gonna let it chill in the Rubbermaid over the weekend and see. how it goes. Also picking up the recommended treatments in the event it progresses while i am gone and i have to dip to try and save. I have family stuff to deal with this weekend so i wont be here to monitor anything. Thinking its time to set up the QT tank after all. Just gonna use the old school 29g w/ hob filter. Never a dull moment.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a tough situation. Hopefully the duncan pulls through for you.
Its gonna be alright. This is a good learning experience either way. :)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I still have 2 coral doing poorly. They can't handle the sand anymore and I can't keep them clean enough. My wrasse has cost me quit a bit of coral probably. I'm amazed the frogspawn, hammers have made it this long. pink tip octo hasnt kicked the bucket yet. But, the head that bleached isn't showing signs of color either.

Losing an acan now, 1 acan still very strong even after being hit by my octo.

Welcome to keeping reefs I guess. We always have a battle on our hands.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have 2 coral doing poorly. They can't handle the sand anymore and I can't keep them clean enough. My wrasse has cost me quit a bit of coral probably. I'm amazed the frogspawn, hammers have made it this long. pink tip octo hasnt kicked the bucket yet. But, the head that bleached isn't showing signs of color either.

Losing an acan now, 1 acan still very strong even after being hit by my octo.

Welcome to keeping reefs I guess. We always have a battle on our hands.
Yeah I am starting to finally learn that this is a game of how do I not kill this thing I am putting in my glass box of water.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Adding new things angers certain coral, it's kind of interesting to see. I wish I had my old aussie torch. I'm not sure what caused it to die. I had it for a year before bjd took it. I would add a goniopora and the torch just threw a fit.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank stuff after dinner. Did bee stuff before dinner (get it?) And found my new queen from a split I did. Think of a split as fragging a bee hive.
She is gorgeous and is laying like a champ already. Now if the other 2 hives can catch up we'll be set.
20220601_155753.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank stuff after dinner. Did bee stuff before dinner (get it?) And found my new queen from a split I did. Think of a split as fragging a bee hive.
She is gorgeous and is laying like a champ already. Now if the other 2 hives can catch up we'll be set.
20220601_155753.jpg
I am Super into this life. I knew a lady a while ago that was a very accomplished, beekeeper locally. I was able to source straight wax from her, which I used in creating a lot of my own woodworking finishes. MOAR of this spam please.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am Super into this life. I knew a lady a while ago that was a very accomplished, beekeeper locally. I was able to source straight wax from her, which I used in creating a lot of my own woodworking finishes. MOAR of this spam please.
Super+++ on this.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super+++ on this.

Wow guys I had no idea! You'll have to message me your contact info. I am extracting last years leftover honey this weekend. I am lucky enough to have Basswood trees lining my street. Also called Linden trees. The bees use them to make some of the coolest tasting honey I have ever had. It tastes minty! I will set some aside for you both. And if you need wax I have that too :) As far as spam let me see if I have some more pix on my phone. Just took this one today, I am sure I have some more somewhere! Thanks!!!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow guys I had no idea! You'll have to message me your contact info. I am extracting last years leftover honey this weekend. I am lucky enough to have Basswood trees lining my street. Also called Linden trees. The bees use them to make some of the coolest tasting honey I have ever had. It tastes minty! I will set some aside for you both. And if you need wax I have that too :) As far as spam let me see if I have some more pix on my phone. Just took this one today, I am sure I have some more somewhere! Thanks!!!
Yaint gotta tell me twice. I'm happy to pay the shipping.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yaint gotta tell me twice. I'm happy to pay the shipping.
Nope like I told Mibu just pay it forward. It may be next weekend before I get it bottled and ready to ship but I will reach out to you when its ready to let you know :)

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210706_183918.jpg

Above is some of last years harvest.

20210706_191724.jpg

My logo. My last name is Nealis. So yeah trying to be funny here. Play on the phrase "the bees knees".
20210623_171523.jpg

These were the 2 hives from last year. I need to take new pix for this year. Expanded to 3.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20210706_183918.jpg

Above is some of last years harvest.

20210706_191724.jpg

My logo. My last name is Nealis. So yeah trying to be funny here. Play on the phrase "the bees knees".
20210623_171523.jpg

These were the 2 hives from last year. I need to take new pix for this year. Expanded to 3.
I have so much respect for bee keepers. You have no idea.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We're considering keeping those paper bees or whatever they call them. Upside is no stingers (I live in the city and have whiney neighbors), downside is no honey... Upside is they still pollinate my garden!

I'm also considering black soldier flies. Upside is they speed up my compost and even help break down dog poop, downside is ... I'll let you know when I think of something.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back