Third time better be the charm

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, not your buddy or 15 ft seas,, but all the rest. I managed to get everything I'm gonna need in a backpack. Regulator and gopro always travel on my person as well. It's stuffed but light was the goal. Bcd, fins, etc go in a belly bag with a couple microfibre towels, jacket and more bulky stuff. Staying at the motel/hotel right there in the marina the night prior so time won't be an issue. I think if I remember right the dive leader from my shop said only 2 females (me and someone else's wifey) out of 20 divers so I may have to pull the "girl card" out to get a good bunk. I rarely use it but this may be a good time to dust it off. Also got my global traveler card so tsa and customs shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks so much for the insight. You should get back in the water yourself!
those days have passed me by.
no free stay in florida anymore.:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
another wife(current) with no interest and physical issues, me not her.(one knee and both achilles surgically repaired and not close to 100%). the additional forty pounds i've put on doesn't help either.
and i'd rather spend my free time shooting stuff i can put on my dinner table. ;)

you setup to take underwater pics?

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those days have passed me by.
no free stay in florida anymore.:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
another wife(current) with no interest and physical issues, me not her.(one knee and both achilles surgically repaired and not close to 100%). the additional forty pounds i've put on doesn't help either.
and i'd rather spend my free time shooting stuff i can put on my dinner table. ;)

you setup to take underwater pics?
That's a shame but food is good too!
I have a gopro, tray and a hook up for my dive light, nothing to fancy. I have just gotten comfortable enough with my buoyancy to be able to actually explore and take pics. This will be the first rime with this set up so I am hoping for some decent shots.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a shame but food is good too!
I have a gopro, tray and a hook up for my dive light, nothing to fancy. I have just gotten comfortable enough with my buoyancy to be able to actually explore and take pics. This will be the first rime with this set up so I am hoping for some decent shots.
I had a nikonis 3 (film, yea.... i'm old) set up for macro.
i'd pic a 10' area on some dives and not leave it.

except that one time me and my instructor buddy decided to drift for half a tank and surface to take a compass heading back to the boat. we was far. we coulda waved for a dingy pickup but that would have cost each of us a case of beer and the shame. :face-with-rolling-eyes: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: :p
we made it back with just over 300psi in the tanks.
woulda cost us beer for being under 300.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a nikonis 3 (film, yea.... i'm old) set up for macro.
i'd pic a 10' area on some dives and not leave it.

except that one time me and my instructor buddy decided to drift for half a tank and surface to take a compass heading back to the boat. we was far. we coulda waved for a dingy pickup but that would have cost each of us a case of beer and the shame. :face-with-rolling-eyes: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: :p
we made it back with just over 300psi in the tanks.
woulda cost us beer for being under 300.
Oh yeah the beer bets are the best. A newbie got separated on a drift in cozumel. They heard it from everyone. We spent half the air trying to find them. They were sorry but still got everyone drinks that night.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220925_192141.jpg

Feeling pretty accomplished tonight. Tank is looking better then it has in a long time. I think we may be turning the corner. Scraped the back glass, did a water change, and reworked the fish dungeon. Also programmed the powerheads and return to feed with the autofeeder. I don't think I mentioned but I ended up selling the low boy set up I had. I have set up the old 29g in its place and will use that as a qt tank for anything I can't put in the 10g office tank. I needed the funds and that whole set up was going nowhere. So plan is to test again tomorrow am and see where we are. Frag swap next weekend. Test again and another water change before I leave.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220925_192141.jpg

Feeling pretty accomplished tonight. Tank is looking better then it has in a long time. I think we may be turning the corner. Scraped the back glass, did a water change, and reworked the fish dungeon. Also programmed the powerheads and return to feed with the autofeeder. I don't think I mentioned but I ended up selling the low boy set up I had. I have set up the old 29g in its place and will use that as a qt tank for anything I can't put in the 10g office tank. I needed the funds and that whole set up was going nowhere. So plan is to test again tomorrow am and see where we are. Frag swap next weekend. Test again and another water change before I leave.
Looking good. I hope your trip goes well. Let me know when you are ready for some more frags.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I hope your trip goes well. Let me know when you are ready for some more frags.
Thanks!! I will be sure to let you know. Hope you and the family are feeling better and doing well!!

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slept in...only had time for the basics. But those are really all I need.
34.7. 76.4
Ph 8.15. Salifert
No 5. Salifert
Po 20 (.061) uln hanna.

It's starting to get chilly here and I refuse to turn on the furnace (yet). I bumped the inkbird up a degree.

Broke down and ordered a camera for the tank as well. Going to borrow one for the sump and fresh tank. Just so the man can keep an eye on things without having to come out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the cost of things these days and the fact I am not willing to "cut back" on the things I enjoy having and doing, I have decided to try and get a pt job. I have an interview tomorrow at a local grocery store to stock shelves. I have been at my adult job for 19 years with the same employer. Now I have had different jobs at that company and did have to interview internally so I get it. But I am petrified. God the things we do for the things we love to do.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So with the cost of things these days and the fact I am not willing to "cut back" on the things I enjoy having and doing, I have decided to try and get a pt job. I have an interview tomorrow at a local grocery store to stock shelves. I have been at my adult job for 19 years with the same employer. Now I have had different jobs at that company and did have to interview internally so I get it. But I am petrified. God the things we do for the things we love to do.
Good luck! Single incomes with lots of expensive hobbies is difficult - I know that first hand! Hopefully you get the job.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
m sure you'll do great! If you show up on time I'm sure they will love you, with the way things are these days...

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I

m sure you'll do great! If you show up on time I'm sure they will love you, with the way things are these days...
I mean, I don't even show up these days...

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

Things are crazy different then 20yrs ago. It will be intersting for sure.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buttoned up the bees no extra honey this year. I would rather leave it for them anyway, I have a feeling this winter is gonna be a bad one. Furnace is on. It's a heck of alot cheaper to run a gas furnace and keep the house at 70 then the electricity for the tank heaters.
Swap day tomorrow.
So here is the list for the pre purchases I have already made.
Bubble gum digi
Green eggs and ham Monti
Purple birdsnest
Red shroom
Orange shroom
Blue shroom (I got bit by the shroom bug when I saw @F i s h y s collection)
Green spongodas
Orange setosa
And 2 bengaii cardinals (the black and white ones)
All of these appear to be on the "easier" side. And they were all (except the blue shroom and fish) 15$ or cheaper.
Plus a free frag for the first 200 people.
I am flying solo so I can get whatever I feel like without justifying it to anyone. There isn't anything I am really looking for but I always enjoy going. I will go then leave and get a bite then go back and try to score some deals at the end.
Making water now and have the dipping station set to go. You know just in case.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Buttoned up the bees no extra honey this year. I would rather leave it for them anyway, I have a feeling this winter is gonna be a bad one. Furnace is on. It's a heck of alot cheaper to run a gas furnace and keep the house at 70 then the electricity for the tank heaters.
Swap day tomorrow.
Bubble gum digi
Green eggs and ham Monti
Purple birdsnest
Red shroom
Orange shroom
Green spongodas
Orange setosa
All of these appear to be on the "easier" side. And they were all (except the blue shroom and fish) 15$ or cheaper.
I am flying solo so I can get whatever I feel like without justifying it to anyone. There isn't anything I am really looking for but I always enjoy going. I will go then leave and get a bite then go back and try to score some deals at the end.
I love my Spongodes and Bubble Gum. Green Eggs and Ham is a cool one for the future for sure!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swap day tomorrow.
Bubble gum digi
Green eggs and ham Monti
Purple birdsnest
Red shroom
Orange shroom
Green spongodas
Orange setosa
Nice list there. Enjoy yourself! I'm unattended for the club meeting on sunday.could be dangerous.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 30 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 42.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back