0   0   0
Water test Wednesday results
Ph 8.0 gonna put skimmer on at 12 hrs/day
No 10
Po 20
Alk 8.3 topped off ato and added bkg soda
CA 440
MG 1500+6
Have no idea why my MG is routinely so high. Maybe because I strummed the rocks? Gha is some what under control. At least I cleaned out 75% of it. Gonna take care of the back glass today and kill some aptasia. Water changed as well. Seems like the ca is being consumed by the new frags.
Have some saltwater mollies coming to maybe help with the algae but we shall see.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You used mollies before? how did they work?
They do work. They peck at the rocks constantly. A few things about them I've found. They don't last that long in salt. They can't handle normal reef flows. If they are constantly fighting flow, to eat, they normally starve. They don't know to stay away from anenomes or other things that will eat them. They are small and have small stomaches so you need quite a few to do the work of one tank or FoxFace or angel.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do work. They peck at the rocks constantly. A few things about them I've found. They don't last that long in salt. They can't handle normal reef flows. If they are constantly fighting flow, to eat, they normally starve. They don't know to stay away from anenomes or other things that will eat them. They are small and have small stomaches so you need quite a few to do the work of one tank or FoxFace or angel.
Thanks for this. I might do well with them. I don't have enough flow for a reef tank, 2x 500gph power heads alternating in a 40. Tank's too small for a foxface, could swap out the hawk fish for a coral beauty. But I'd hate to see Cid Vicious leave.
Would they be safe from rfas?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this. I might do well with them. I don't have enough flow for a reef tank, 2x 500gph power heads alternating in a 40. Tank's too small for a foxface, could swap out the hawk fish for a coral beauty. But I'd hate to see Cid Vicious leave.
Would they be safe from rfas?
A 40 b is also likely too small for a coral beauty forever. Mollies would be safe from rfa yes. Rock flower don't have much holding strength.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 40 b is also likely too small for a coral beauty forever. Mollies would be safe from rfa yes. Rock flower don't have much holding strength.
This is true. My yellow watchman resides in RFA and Sebae nems for whatever reason lol.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is true. My yellow watchman resides in RFA and Sebae nems for whatever reason lol.

I'm pretty happy with the stocking, so I'm not sad about it being too small. The only thing my rfas have taken out even a little is a zoa that decided to rehome underneath it.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife wants it to be a freshwater. If I do that it's probably going to be guppies and cherry shrimp. Or maybe a herd of ember tetras and cherry shrimp?
Also worth it. Here's mine. It loves perpetually out of sight, can you tell?
IMG_20220809_180811400_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second Vaca underway. Bonus points if you can guess where I am.
20221023_143427.jpg

Hint not warm or sunny yet.
Hope to get a dive in on wednesday.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back