Status
Not open for further replies.

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love viewing other threads where people are announcing they are new to the community and lots of people warmly greeting them to it and giving them great advice. But where was my welcome? All I get is barely to no response when I kindly ask for advice or an opinion on something. I'm just like everyone else on this site who is wanting to share and learn from experiences. Am I doing something wrong?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its a hit and miss (time of day, your title/heading ) which both attract attention. With the corona virus, schedule changes of many and an uncertain industry as some shippers are shutting down. . . Timing is not the best

LETS START HERE:

welcome17.jpg

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @ghartman1234 did you post a thread in the meet and greet forum?
With regards to other threads, there's a high chance the people who may know the answer you're after simply may not be on the forum at the time, and we all know how quickly new threads work there way onto the home page...and then back off again! If you're ever stuck then using the hashtag reefsquad usually helps get an answer!
I've asked a question today about 2 corals getting along or not and I've not had a response, unfortunately those who know might simply not be online!

OP
OP
ghartman1234

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried all of these. Its like I just get ignored...

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @ghartman1234 did you post a thread in the meet and greet forum?
With regards to other threads, there's a high chance the people who may know the answer you're after simply may not be on the forum at the time, and we all know how quickly new threads work there way onto the home page...and then back off again! If you're ever stuck then using the hashtag reefsquad usually helps get an answer!
I've asked a question today about 2 corals getting along or not and I've not had a response, unfortunately those who know might simply not be online!
What corals did you ask about getting along??

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had great but limited experiences. With one exception everyone has been pretty friendly to me. I agree that with current events everything is a little weird and I've not been getting responses either sometimes. But it's a large community, easy for things to get lost especially now. Bump if needed, tag reefsquad, etc.

This community is great.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love viewing other threads where people are announcing they are new to the community and lots of people warmly greeting them to it and giving them great advice. But where was my welcome? All I get is barely to no response when I kindly ask for advice or an opinion on something. I'm just like everyone else on this site who is wanting to share and learn from experiences. Am I doing something wrong?

Hey there don’t get upset we love you just the same! Doesn’t look like you started an introduction thread so let me welcome you here is this one!

:)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also sure it'ss nothing personal. I've started threads that get a huge amount of attraction, and some that have 0 response. Sometimes it's the way threads are titled, or the fact that those that know are not online. So the threads moves off the main page and gets forgotten about.

OP
OP
ghartman1234

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking through your previous posts it seems to me that almost all were replied to.
But few were actually helpful and actually helped me solve the situation. A few were pleasant yes but not what I was looking for. attempts at bumping but not entirely sure how that goes.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But few were actually helpful and actually helped me solve the situation. A few were pleasant yes but not what I was looking for. attempts at bumping but not entirely sure how that goes.
I believe most forums have a 24 hour rule for bumping.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at all of your threads and most have at least 10 responses. One thread about an SPS identification had no replies and it’s likely because you placed it in the general forum. It should have been put in the SPS forum. I’m sorry that this community sucks in your opinion. I respectfully disagree as I have learned so much here. Things that may help you get responses are starting threads in more specific forums instead of the general reef discussion forum. It’s a busy forum and threads quickly move down the list.

You can also tag #reefsquad if you are looking for help. They are a wonderful volunteer group of forum members that dedicate time to helping people like yourself work through various issues.

OP
OP
ghartman1234

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With thousands of people here online its easy for things to get missed.
I mean it makes sense but its not a nice feeling for a post to get looked over just cuz its not on the main page or something. I have questions too just like everyone else. Maybe a large community isnt for me

OP
OP
ghartman1234

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at all of your threads and most have at least 10 responses. One thread about an SPS identification had no replies and it’s likely because you placed it in the general forum. It should have been put in the SPS forum. I’m sorry that this community sucks in your opinion. I respectfully disagree as I have learned so much here. Things that may help you get responses are starting threads in more specific forums instead of the general reef discussion forum. It’s a busy forum and threads quickly move down the list.

You can also tag #reefsquad if you are looking for help. They are a wonderful volunteer group of forum members that dedicate time to helping people like yourself work through various issues.
Thanks, I wish I knew this earlier but didnt get an introduction so I had no idea

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back