this community sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love viewing other threads where people are announcing they are new to the community and lots of people warmly greeting them to it and giving them great advice. But where was my welcome? All I get is barely to no response when I kindly ask for advice or an opinion on something. I'm just like everyone else on this site who is wanting to share and learn from experiences. Am I doing something wrong?
Well this won't help

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean it makes sense but its not a nice feeling for a post to get looked over just cuz its not on the main page or something. I have questions too just like everyone else. Maybe a large community isnt for me
There are smaller communities out there. I like being part of a mix. I like this group, but I'm also part of, for example, a forum that's basically just a core 30 or so really dedicated hobbyists who happen to also be really good friends. The thing with a community like that is that there is some shallowness or entire gaps in expertise. My fish friends are on that other forum, but I can get information here that I couldn't get there.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I wish I knew this earlier but didnt get an introduction so I had no idea
If you make a thread in the Meet and Greet forum(wich you haven't yet), I'm sure you'll get the warm welcome you deserve.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry you're so discouraged that really isnt the spirit if r2r, but for what it's worth. Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r18.gif

AndyinAtlanta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense, but looking through your history you never announced that you were new. You asked a specific stocking question and got plenty of responses. Not sure what you were expecting, but I don't see this website rolling out a red carpet for every new hobbyist.

There's also an entire "meet and greet" forum that never posted in. You basically jumped into the forum asking for advice, received that advice, and you're not upset people didn't give you advice and a warm welcome.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if you and that other person who commented rude sarcasm, yall shouldnt be here either....
no rude sarcasm from me, just total honesty so get over yourself and act like an adult then you might get some helpful replies.

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me, I've had threads get no attention/answers that I really wanted one. Even a recent advice thread didn't get me what I was looking for.

But...

Your membership dues are $0
The members/volunteers here are paid $0

This place is a good tool in a larger toolbox. But it's not a fix all. It's a free online forum.

OP
OP
ghartman1234

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just weird how when I speak up about something I get replies, some in which are pleasant and others that are rude. Should I just post all further posts in reefsquad then?

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean it makes sense but its not a nice feeling for a post to get looked over just cuz its not on the main page or something. I have questions too just like everyone else. Maybe a large community isnt for me

well you said we suck so there it is.

suggestions

1. Telling people they suck is not an adult way to ask them for help

2. There are specific forums that tend to, well , be helpful with specific questions

3. The search tool is a great way to find answers, as most questions have already been asked and answered, but I get that it's easier to post a question and not do the research.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense, but looking through your history you never announced that you were new. You asked a specific stocking question and got plenty of responses. Not sure what you were expecting, but I don't see this website rolling out a red carpet for every new hobbyist.
They do if you make a post in the meet and greet! I never did because I don't really care about all that.

OP
OP
ghartman1234

ghartman1234

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There's also an entire "meet and greet" forum that never posted in. You basically jumped into the forum asking for advice, received that advice, and you're not upset people didn't give you advice and a warm welcome.
Sorry, didnt know I had to? New entirely to this.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They do if you make a post in the meet and greet! I never did because I don't really care about all that.

You should though dang it!!! :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, didnt know I had to? New entirely to this.

Its ok hopefully you find that we’re a really good community and if you need to learn how to do something in regards to how to “work” the forum feel free to ask. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back