Status
Not open for further replies.

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love viewing other threads where people are announcing they are new to the community and lots of people warmly greeting them to it and giving them great advice. But where was my welcome? All I get is barely to no response when I kindly ask for advice or an opinion on something. I'm just like everyone else on this site who is wanting to share and learn from experiences. Am I doing something wrong?
Welcome to the community! Sorry if you seemed ignored. Not everyone answers all my posts all the time either. No reason to get upset. I'm not on here all of the time so I don't always see every thread that comes about. if you give it a chance you will see that the people here are friendly and helpful. That has always been my experience.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This community really does suck, though

1586116160680.png
Speak for yourself. No water changes since 2015.

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you feel like your getting ignored that is never fun. Maybe post a link of the thread you need help in.
Also if you feel like getting a 17 thousand gallon tank you'll get loads of replies.

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can bypass the welcome but I still would like advice or help of certain thigns. I feel like a bother asking too many questions to my LFS and I dont have any friends in the hobby. So i resorted to a forum site like this one.
CAME TO RIGHT PLACE ;)

Reactions: LRT

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guess i was a little late for this one ,read it all,move around meet people,make friends,help and get help,be safe happy reefing,i have never done any social media,fb,forums,ever ,look at my join date,and whos counting ,but look at the #'s
love this place and the people,even the mods,:p! and by the way......

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun!!!
pics!!...we all love pics!!!!

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most new people to the forum and to reefing should take the time lurking on pertinent topics. If you did a simple google, on the specific topic/question you have, maybe you could read and get your answers, and "contribute " to an already discussed topic. Been at this for 15+ years, but spent my first couple reading as many threads, journals, applicable topics, just some good old fashioned research. The successful hobbyists are always willing to discuss topics, specifically on their thread. We all want success, and want the same for others, so try and be positive, and most importantly, run your reef, waiting on information from others will not be wise. Best of luck!
Cheers,

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got a lot of replies. And I don’t have the time to read them all. But welcome. It’s hit or miss sometimes. Usually a hit. But don’t feel discouraged. It’s nothing personal.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You got a lot of replies. And I don’t have the time to read them all. But welcome. It’s hit or miss sometimes. Usually a hit. But don’t feel discouraged. It’s nothing personal.
hi scott should read this one ;)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love viewing other threads where people are announcing they are new to the community and lots of people warmly greeting them to it and giving them great advice. But where was my welcome? All I get is barely to no response when I kindly ask for advice or an opinion on something. I'm just like everyone else on this site who is wanting to share and learn from experiences. Am I doing something wrong?
hi are you still with us???

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suddenly got that tight feeling in the middle of my chest when someone picks on my kid. I love this forum and believe much of my success and lessons learned in reefing is due to the information I have found here. Here are some suggestions...
  1. Introduce yourself. Tell us about your tank and your experience. We love to meet the new folks on here. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/meet-greet-forum.129/
  2. If you are new to reefing, place your questions on the "new to saltwater aquariums forum". People around here check that one out regularly to assist people new to the hobby. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/new-to-saltwater-reef-aquariums-post-here.130/
  3. It sometimes takes a bit of time to build up followers and meet friends -- just like in real life. Keep posting and we will be happy to help if we can. Start up a build thread so that we can check back to see how you are doing. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks.52/
  4. If you don't get an answer right away, bump your question or research on your own by typing in subject headings under "search threads" https://www.reef2reef.com/search/?type=post and read the sticky threads at the top of the various forums. They are loaded with information.
  5. The world is crazy right now. Please keep that in mind.
  6. Welcome to R2R! I can guarantee, you will love it here.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suddenly got that tight feeling in the middle of my chest when someone picks on my kid. I love this forum and believe much of my success and lessons learned in reefing is due to the information I have found here. Here are some suggestions...
  1. Introduce yourself. Tell us about your tank and your experience. We love to meet the new folks on here. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/meet-greet-forum.129/
  2. If you are new to reefing, place your questions on the "new to saltwater aquariums forum". People around here check that one out regularly to assist people new to the hobby. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/new-to-saltwater-reef-aquariums-post-here.130/
  3. It sometimes takes a bit of time to build up followers and meet friends -- just like in real life. Keep posting and we will be happy to help if we can. Start up a build thread so that we can check back to see how you are doing. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks.52/
  4. If you don't get an answer right away, bump your question or research on your own by typing in subject headings under "search threads" https://www.reef2reef.com/search/?type=post and read the sticky threads at the top of the various forums. They are loaded with information.
  5. The world is crazy right now. Please keep that in mind.
  6. Welcome to R2R! I can guarantee, you will love it here.
+1 to this. Thanks for your time.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't get any attention then just start a thread about one of these questions:
1. Which salt mix is best
2. What light should I buy
3. Flame a retailer and claim they are the ones not being reasonable.
4. Start a thread called "unlimited budget monster build"

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess i was a little late for this one ,read it all,move around meet people,make friends,help and get help,be safe happy reefing,i have never done any social media,fb,forums,ever ,look at my join date,and whos counting ,but look at the #'s
love this place and the people,even the mods,:p! and by the way......
Starting to see how you have so many posts. Six just in this one thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back