Status
Not open for further replies.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't get any attention then just start a thread about one of these questions:
1. Which salt mix is best
2. What light should I buy
3. Flame a retailer and claim they are the ones not being reasonable.
4. Start a thread called "unlimited budget monster build"
5. LEDs are better than MH/T5
6. MH/T5 are better than LEDs
7. Quarantine is the only way
8. No Quarantine is the only way
9. I put a Tang in my pico reef
10. This community sucks

afuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if you thought that why post it this isn’t Twitter

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really hope this is a joke... if not, grow some skin or this world is going to trample you until your last breathe! You want attention? You got it... probably not the attention you were looking for... or is it? I seriously dont know what is wrong with todays youth. We need to go back to spanking our kids and stop giving them participation trophies. You earn respect... You are entitled to NOTHING.

Last edited by a moderator:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you sure this is an adult man?
she is a female and probally long gone by now!! hope not!!! but......shut this down start her off w a welcome ;)

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope this is a joke... if not, grow some skin or this world is going to trample you until your last breathe! You want attention? You got it... probably not the attention you were looking for... or is it? I seriously dont know what is wrong with todays youth. We need to go back to spanking our kids and stop giving them participation trophies. You earn respect... You are entitled to NOTHING. I dont care what Bernie tells you.
Whoa doggy.

You have been a member less than month. A better approach would be a little less confrontation and politics unless you're trying to prove the op's point.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok....I am way late to the party!!! LOL!

First off welcome to R2R!!!! Don't give up! We will all be here for you!

I love all you R2R peeps!!!!!! You guys always make me laugh, even if I am having a rough day. LOL!

Now if I can just stay out of my favorite three LFS that are open during this crazy time! Yikes! My husband keeps saying stay at home means stay at home....not social hour at the LFS! LOL! Don't worry I never leave the LFS empty handed.... LOL! Gotta support them!

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whoa doggy.

You have been a member less than month. A better approach would be a little less confrontation and politics unless you're trying to prove the op's point.

Politics has nothing to do with it. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks it's a duck! Im a pretty good judge of character. This username is a month old. I however have been here for years... these kids see comments like yours and think it's ok to behave like this. You may think you are being helpful, but that could be nothing further from the truth. The world is a big scary place and this is a forum about reefkeeping. We are not shrinks... let's try to keep it on track.

Heres a pic of my new anemone. 11 years of reefkeeping without a nem. Nems can live in the wild for 40 years. I always thought it was wrong to keep a nem. It was unfair and unjust. Over the last few years watching our reefs disappear faster than my ski season, I have came to the conclusion that if you want our great grandkids to experience the beauty of the reefs, we are going to have to do so indoors so I gave into the idea of getting a tank raised nem for the simple reason that I think I can give her a better life than being in the ocean waiting on a lionfish to kill her or to be bleached out. I kinda wanted to give my kids a front row seat to experience symbiosis at its best.

20200405_131411.jpg

ActualProof

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Politics has nothing to do with it. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks it's a duck! Im a pretty good judge of character. This username is a month old. I however have been here for years... these kids see comments like yours and think it's ok to behave like this. You may think you are being helpful, but that could be nothing further from the truth. The world is a big scary place and this is a forum about reefkeeping. We are not shrinks... let's try to keep it on track.

Heres a pic of my new anemone. 11 years of reefkeeping without a nem. Nems can live in the wild for 40 years. I always thought it was wrong to keep a nem. It was unfair and unjust. Over the last few years watching our reefs disappear faster than my ski season, I have came to the conclusion that if you want our great grandkids to experience the beauty of the reefs, we are going to have to do so indoors so I gave into the idea of getting a tank raised nem for the simple reason that I think I can give her a better life than being in the ocean waiting on a lionfish to kill her or to be bleached out. I kinda wanted to give my kids a front row seat to experience symbiosis at its best.

20200405_131411.jpg
Where is it? Pic is giving me vertigo :)

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've all posted threads where no one answered. It happens, so don't take it personally.

I take exception to your assessment that this community "sucks". I joined (and then left) several saltwater forums before finding R2R.

I find the people here to be receptive and very helpful. In fact, I credit the help I have received as the very reason I enjoy the success I have in this hobby.

Is sounds to me like you want a mentor in the hobby. You can get plenty of that here. Please feel free to private message me if you feel you are not getting the attention you need on an issue.

Dom

Last edited:

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love viewing other threads where people are announcing they are new to the community and lots of people warmly greeting them to it and giving them great advice. But where was my welcome? All I get is barely to no response when I kindly ask for advice or an opinion on something. I'm just like everyone else on this site who is wanting to share and learn from experiences. Am I doing something wrong?
Welcome to the one and only great reefing board!

Gigidoll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry....late to the party! Praying for your mom...and thanks for taking care of all of us!!!!!! Stay safe and healthy!

Steph
Thank you very much! And of course :) that’s what I’m supposed to do :)!

Gigidoll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok....I am way late to the party!!! LOL!

First off welcome to R2R!!!! Don't give up! We will all be here for you!

I love all you R2R peeps!!!!!! You guys always make me laugh, even if I am having a rough day. LOL!

Now if I can just stay out of my favorite three LFS that are open during this crazy time! Yikes! My husband keeps saying stay at home means stay at home....not social hour at the LFS! LOL! Don't worry I never leave the LFS empty handed.... LOL! Gotta support them!
I have been so bad too! Constantly at the lfs

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has run it's course and has been closed. For the most part, this thread remained positive and I'd like to thank those members who made those posts. Hopefully we haven't scared off @ghartman1234 and she finds that R2R is truly a friendly place where she can find answers to questions, useful information and have a positive experience. Happy reefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back