This girl’s 310g peninsula dream tank with fish room!

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you contacted them to see where the other box is ? Or if the other box has a seperate tracking number ?
I tried calling but "live support is not available" to due to corona, and the package was delayed for reasons "beyond their control". I'm pretty sure the driver just failed to take it off the truck. Guess my very expensive live rock won't be live anymore.

hoju74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something similar happened with mine when I got rock from PA. Miraculously, the rock was still alive when the other box showed up 2 days later.

So...how does the box you did get look ?

Last edited:

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Build thread! Can't wait to see all of this come together. Awesome, how well you and your husband are working together to do all of this! One thing I've see people with this size tank do is run a branch off their water heaters with pex and coil it in the the sump before returning to the heater. All controlled by Apex with a couple solenoids. That way you don't have to worry about electricity and heaters going bad.

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something similar happened with mine when I got rock from PA. Miraculously, the rock was still arrive when the other box showed up 2 days later.

So...how does the box you did get look ?
That's good to hear! But turns out this 1st box didn't have all that many critters on it. Which is okay, because I mostly wanted it for the bacteria and coralline. The coralline is mostly orange, but there's also some purple and green. We soaked each rock in high salinity saltwater to get critters to jump off but not a lot did. The only survivors were a bristle star, a tiny pencil urchin, and a scary looking orange worm. The deceased included a few crabs, a few bristle stars, and a large feather worm. I didn't see any isopods luckily, but I will be setting a trap tonight and inspecting by flashlight.

Here's some pics!
IMG_9565.png

IMG_3585.png
IMG_4211.png
IMG_6012.png
IMG_7933.png

I also ordered this gorgonian since I was getting free shipping anyway. It's my first one, and if it does well, I plan to get more. It's a beautiful shade of purple!

IMG_7594.png

IMG_1184.png IMG_4437.png

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...that actually looks pretty nice. I'm sure all sorts of stuff will appear over time. That's how it was when I got real live rock years ago.
I sure hope so, when we setup our first tank (32g biocube) we used live rock from our LFS, and it was so awesome watching what new things would come crawling out of the tank. We used to stare at it for hours, before there were even fish or coral in it! In our 75g we used dry rock and it was just so boring!

Love the plan. Following. I have a 220 gallon tank now and I dream of a 600, Then i wake up in a cold sweat with the cost of corals and fish to stock it...
I know, right! Stocking will definitely be a slow process, but that's the fun part so I don't want it to end too soon anyway!
looks great - too bad about your other box - hopefully it shows up soon. The gorg should do well, it's photosynthetic, give it good flow and good light.
Thanks! The weird thing is, both boxes had separate tracking numbers, and the one that wasn't delivered, showed out for delivery, then changed back to "in transit", so I'm pretty sure the delivery driver drove away and then realized he forgot the 2nd box. Or he just didn't feel like picking up two heavy boxes.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t write off the hitchhikers just yet. I had a pistol shrimp survive a very long ammonia spike while mine cured. Haven’t seen it to this day but I hear it almost daily. It looks great!! Hope the other box shows up soon!!

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia is right back up to 2.0 this morning after the water change last night, so I guess I'll do another water change this morning, before the rest of the rock arrives, and then will probably need to do another one tonight.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back