OP
OP
T

thelonereefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't ask but I'll toss this out there anyway. I have the same size 180g. I'm running 6 Noopsyche K7 v3 pro lights. I have two over each section between the braces mounted lengthwise front to back. The only sps are monticaps which are growing like never before and a few branching montis. I am able to keep clams now which I never could before. I'm getting 300 par on the bottom where the derasa sits and 350 a couple of inches off the bottom where the maxima is. I also have two reefbreeder photon pro and 3 xr15 gen 4 (I refuse to use Mobius) as well as am Ai hydra 26. All are great lights but for some reason I'm able to get better colors. At least what to me look better. Just food for thought :winking-face:
A fts to show how they are mounted
20230805_195708.jpg
So awesome looking Tank! I appreciate the input as I’m always open to ideas being that a better option usually can and does exist. I’ll be honest I know absolutely nothing about those lights. I’ve heard about them. I’ve seen people running them but beyond that it’s above my pay grade. How long have you had them running for?

OP
OP
T

thelonereefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that I love my 9Xs These are great. The difference in coverage between a 2-puck 9X and 1-puck 360s is massive. I have considered going to 3 9Xs instead of the 3 360s and 2 9Xs but ultimately that would be spending money on something that is working just fine.

My dream SPS set up would be 3 9Xs with t5 but I have a mixed tank that is doing well as is.
Do you think a pair of 360x would be equivalent or similar to a single ap9x?

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my vote is kessils shimmer and colour is amazing

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I’m not opposed to adding supplemental lighting if anything I’m actually hoping for it. I’m also kind of for the idea of adding to the lighting as the tank needs instead of all at once. Tbh I even considered doing half and half.

In your experience was that purely growth? Over all look? Sps? Lps? Mixed?

Tank was new but corals came from my other tank. All LPS and they looked better on the Radion side. Not to mention the coralline was taking off on the Radion side but not the Kessil side.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So awesome looking Tank! I appreciate the input as I’m always open to ideas being that a better option usually can and does exist. I’ll be honest I know absolutely nothing about those lights. I’ve heard about them. I’ve seen people running them but beyond that it’s above my pay grade. How long have you had them running for

I'm coming up on a year now so not a real test of longevity but I've had better growth with them than other lights. @Zach B is now the US distributor. I figured I'd give them a try because I needed new lights as I was repurposing the lights I had on that tank and I didn't want to spend thousands of dollars. I got the Noopsyche for $200 each do figured it was worth it to try them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back