Thoughts on Aqueon Tanks?

Cooper32803

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
910
Reaction score
300
Location
Orlando, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Petco is having their 1$ a gallon sale and I was thinking of picking up a couple of 40g breeders by Aqueon. I am thinking of maybe using them for a sump or refugium when I get a big tank? Or maybe as a frag/growout tank if I could figure out how to keep it in the garage in the Florida heat without spending hundreds of dollars on a chiller. Comments? Ideas?
 
I bought a 40breeder last year during the $1/g sale... works great. I use it for a frag tank and since it doesn't use tempered glass I was able to drill for an overflow
 
OK good to hear. Would a 40 breeder be good to use as a sump/refugium for a tank anywhere from 90-125? or should I go and get a bigger one as well?
 
I use a 40g breeder as a sump. It had a Fuge but have no use for the whole refugium thing any longer. The middle chamber is now holding soft coral trimmings that I give away


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I use a 40g breeder as a sump. It had a Fuge but have no use for the whole refugium thing any longer. The middle chamber is now holding soft coral trimmings that I give away


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet... and how big is the tank it is connected to?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new