Thoughts on my turbinaria placement?

fourfootreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this La Laker scroll coral for a couple weeks, decided to place it here with lots of flow and lighting. It seems happy since its polyps are always out (unless I turn the pumps off for feeding). I was most focused on these features, but I see now a lack of contact with rock, as well as the possibility of my turbo mexican breaking the piece off or apart.
turbinaria2.jpg
turbinaria1.jpg
turbinaria3.jpg

What do you all think? I've read these grow in different ways but wasn't certain about this type.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it attached to the frag plug when you got it? When I got mine, it was firmly grown onto a piece of rubble. The guy explained to me that tubinaria is very difficult to glue down, apparently it slimes on the bottom part so it detaches from glue easily. Your coral looks very nice, to me it looks like it’s in the right spot. Unless it’s wiggling in the flow, I would leave it and see what happens.

OP
OP
fourfootreefer

fourfootreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it attached to the frag plug when you got it? When I got mine, it was firmly grown onto a piece of rubble. The guy explained to me that tubinaria is very difficult to glue down, apparently it slimes on the bottom part so it detaches from glue easily. Your coral looks very nice, to me it looks like it’s in the right spot. Unless it’s wiggling in the flow, I would leave it and see what happens.
Yes it was on a plug when I got it, just trimmed the bottom bit off. That is very good to know for future reference, do you think the same reasoning applies to other similar LPS? Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back