OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what Im thinking to contain what have. I would love to hinge outward but its too deep so this will just sit and be able to slide around and out and also sit sideways when needed. Now the real challenge begins and thats bring it to life without hacking it to pieces. And yes the drives will be at 90 degrees.
1566819626646.png

20190825_184310.jpg 20190825_172334.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so we are running a ghl profi on this one?
Full GHL even the mix and AWC station, maybe a Qt down there also. im Looking at an expansion box for that ...in time.

HEY Folks, Anyone interested in a Core 20? I have one and Im thinking of changing it out for a Ecotech. I will have 4 XR30's
and 2 MP40's so going to a M2 might make sense ....but not centso_O Thinking $200 is fair ? its about a year old and I have the flow meter somewhere NIB.

I already have a Sicce 4.0 temped in the tank to start cycling.

How do you folks water test you builds Garden hose? Rodi, Im a little nervous about the plumbing on this.
I am thinking about using an old RODI 4-stage w/no membrane for a bulk fill then add salt later if it all goes well. I do have about 55 gallons in the reservoir...

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used tap from garden hose on my deck to check sump I built but to check my plumbing I used rodi. I added salt to it after all was well.

U

User1

View Badges
The tank is crated while I prep the space, Auto water change and a dedicated 20amp circuit.

20190502_094238.jpg

20190502_095915.jpg

Hi - quick question if you don't mind on running the line. Are you coming up from a basement or down through the roof? I was just wondering how you are drilling through the 2 x 4. If to the basement then I guess it would be easier. I was going to run top off lines like you have but drawing a blank how to drill through the wall frame / top 2 x 4.

I guess walk across the joist to the one aligning with the wall and drill...

This is something I'd live to do and shouldn't be this hard to figure out but for some reason the light bulb for me hasn't gone off yet. :)

U

User1

View Badges
Full GHL even the mix and AWC station, maybe a Qt down there also. im Looking at an expansion box for that ...in time.

HEY Folks, Anyone interested in a Core 20? I have one and Im thinking of changing it out for a Ecotech. I will have 4 XR30's
and 2 MP40's so going to a M2 might make sense ....but not centso_O Thinking $200 is fair ? its about a year old and I have the flow meter somewhere NIB.

I already have a Sicce 4.0 temped in the tank to start cycling.

How do you folks water test you builds Garden hose? Rodi, Im a little nervous about the plumbing on this.
I am thinking about using an old RODI 4-stage w/no membrane for a bulk fill then add salt later if it all goes well. I do have about 55 gallons in the reservoir...

New Cor 20's are over 300 unless you get them on sale. If you haven't already do a quick search and see what they are going for. Year old isn't going to drop the price down much on it. They are good little pumps. If I didn't already have one I'd jump on it for a spare or matched double return.

BTW - just finished catch up. Looks great btw.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I'd live to do and shouldn't be this hard to figure out but for some reason the light bulb for me hasn't gone off yet. :)
I am going into the basement with this, there is a couple of tricks to find the wall studs, Look for the nail line after you measure off but I have missed and :oops:
But my favorite is to drill a small hole tight to the joint if going into attic, for basement pull the shoe molding away so you can get a drill in. if carpet just lift and replace, then push a coat hanger threw. It will lift the insulation and give you an accurate location of the wall then patch with a little putty.
I got this a few years ago to put an outlet in a bay window and love it! I cut my hole in the location I wanted then run the bit to the stud/cap and drill, once you blow thew you leave it and tie a string and pull it threw. they sell extensions and you can hit the attic if you want to spend the cash. If you are in a club I would recommend it.
1567196543309.png

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lookin good! lets see the AWC? just finished mine lol only took 3 months... are you using ghl maxi for the awc? im not using level sensors on mine. just have 1000ml in and out at the same time 7 times a day. so just under 2gals a day

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lookin good! lets see the AWC? just finished mine lol only took 3 months... are you using ghl maxi for the awc? im not using level sensors on mine. just have 1000ml in and out at the same time 7 times a day. so just under 2gals a day
Maxi it is, I am going the same way to start out, top off I will try the float valve that comes with the red sea. Now I do have several ultrasonic level sensors and a few Capacitance Proximity sensors I have been thinking of trying out. I use them at work on large holding tanks and once calibrated thats it no problems for years. Ehim is using them for topoff now or will be.
Anyhow I am working the weekend so I split early today and stopped into a LFS I hadn't visited in awhile and spent too much.
Food, 2 rocks ...If I told anyone other than here that I spent 100$ on 2 rocks it would confirm their beliefs ;Wacky
But I grabbed 2 bright-well cube media bags he had for 10$ on clearance and........an Ecotech M2 return :) He gave me a good deal sooo I will be unloading the Cor20 to an Apex user that doesn't have one already....if there is such a thing (@jsker) . I have too many pumps just to hold on to it. Well Im painting the elect. cabinet and swapping out the water in the brute thats curing live rock. I may also look for those brass B@!!s and fill the tank this weekend. ;)

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lookin good! cabinet is coming along nicely! i took the easy way out and just screwed up a shelf for my ghl lol. 2 gate valves? one for the drain and the other off the return? for a reactor or something?

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 gate valves? one for the drain and the other off the return? for a reactor or something?
One for standard drain one for the Filter roll , I will probably run with both, the floss cups will be my poor mans reactors if I need to run a media also I have a habit of making a mess, so if I stir up the water/ algae / cyno outbreak i can still run socks.
Heads up on the maxspect coral saw, save your money. its only good for Balsa Wood, I tried to cut some LR and it was usless

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back