Tinkers Hybrid Pairing

Wrassefan78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day,

This question is for our resident fish experts. I have one Tinkers hybrid but would like to buy another to pair it up. The current one has been in there for about 6 months or so and is around 3”. Would it be best to buy a larger one or one closer to the same size? Or option 2 don’t try it all? Tank is a Cade 1500 s2 a little over 140 gallons. I have about 8 fish already consisting of a few tangs, couple angels, and of course the resident butterfly. I do have a pair of flame hawks on the way as well. Thank you in advance.

Anthony

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day,

This question is for our resident fish experts. I have one Tinkers hybrid but would like to buy another to pair it up. The current one has been in there for about 6 months or so and is around 3”. Would it be best to buy a larger one or one closer to the same size? Or option 2 don’t try it all? Tank is a Cade 1500 s2 a little over 140 gallons. I have about 8 fish already consisting of a few tangs, couple angels, and of course the resident butterfly. I do have a pair of flame hawks on the way as well. Thank you in advance.

Anthony
You can try it however I wouldn’t personally. We have no idea how to sex most butterflies (or if there even is a way) and two males will fight.
You can always try it but it’s not like angels where they change at a certain size (you can pair angels by putting a juvenile in because we know most of them change sex).

OP
OP
Wrassefan78

Wrassefan78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try it however I wouldn’t personally. We have no idea how to sex most butterflies (or if there even is a way) and two males will fight.
You can always try it but it’s not like angels where they change at a certain size (you can pair angels by putting a juvenile in because we know most of them change sex).

Thank you for the feedback. I figured it was going to be a gamble and my best bet was to try to have there be a size difference. I saw Jake from Reef Builders do it with his Gold Crown and Tinkers but it was pretty rough at first. Maybe it’s a good idea to shelf the idea for now. Thanks again.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 92 44.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 97 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.6%
Back