Tips for making an RODI unit portable?

miltonkl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in a townhouse and don't have a good location to permanently set up my RODI unit so am constantly hooking it up to my kitchen sink and setting it on my counter and then unhooking it to stow away. It's annoying, but to make matters worse, I'm finding that I need to get a booster pump that I need to work into the mix and plugging that in and unplugging it each time I have to move this thing is going to be a headache. Anyone have a similar situation and suggestions on how you've handled it? I'm thinking there's probably some sort of caddy idea out there.

Ruling out the normal ideas I found with a quick google:

My laundry room is upstairs, so mounting it there is impractical as I need the water down stairs.

I can't really fit it under the kitchen sink, due to plumbing and garbage disposal/deeper sink.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in a townhouse and don't have a good location to permanently set up my RODI unit so am constantly hooking it up to my kitchen sink and setting it on my counter and then unhooking it to stow away. It's annoying, but to make matters worse, I'm finding that I need to get a booster pump that I need to work into the mix and plugging that in and unplugging it each time I have to move this thing is going to be a headache. Anyone have a similar situation and suggestions on how you've handled it? I'm thinking there's probably some sort of caddy idea out there.

My laundry room is upstairs, so mounting it there is impractical as I need the water down stairs.

I can't really fit it under the kitchen sink, due to plumbing and garbage disposal/deeper sink.
@Rick Mathew any ideas for this sort of “thingy”?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Bulk Reef Supply 4 stage unit connected to a Smart Buddie RO/DI booster pump. These are connected to the cold water line with a valve. I'm in an apartment and this is an easy way to leave it connected to my sink all the time and stored under the sink. It also allows me to have the waste line run right into the drain.

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you renting or own? where is you laundry room in relation to where you want the water...You said it was on the second floor, but is it just above the place where you need it or is it offset?...You could consider running the line and cover it with cable raceway...That is what I did in my last location...Ran it through the wall down one floor and along the wall next to the baseboard about a 20-30 foot run. Covered it with the cable raceway and painted it the same color as the baseboard...couldn't tell it was there unless you knew......I used this type of raceway...worked great

Just a thought

Rick

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 123 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.7%
Back