Tips on how to remove encrusted soft corals from frags.

Salty Carlo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
212
Reaction score
89
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a green star polyp and some zoas that are encrusted on the frag plug and I would like to remove it from the frag for mounting. Any one have any tips on how to remove them without damaging the corals.
 
Try using a credit card seen my coral guy do it this way by lightly pushing under it to pry away from plug..
 
You know what might work well? You ever see those metal guauges used to set the gaps on spark plugs? The gauge is probably a 1/2" thick x 2" long but it has 20-30 different thicknesses of metal, each marked with how thick it is. I bet something like that would really help because its metal and some are super thin.
 
IMG_0989.JPG
 
razor blade. Scape it like you would paint.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new