OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link but my question was I guess more like, has anyone experienced a negative effect by using titanium? I’m also worried about super heating the water accidentally I happen to have a extra Rinnai propane instant hot water heater. So rather than having it as part of my hot water system I am debating installing it’s own heater just for the exchange. Hmm thanks for the input

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use radiant heating for my 1600 gallon system but I use a PEX loop instead of a titanium heat exchanger. Both methods work for a heat exchanger but I too was concerned about overheating the water but if you have the flow setup correctly it will not be an issue. Titanium is used in aquariums but normally I prefer to limit the metal in contact with my system water. Just in case you are looking at other methods here is what I did.

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use radiant heating for my 1600 gallon system but I use a PEX loop instead of a titanium heat exchanger. Both methods work for a heat exchanger but I too was concerned about overheating the water but if you have the flow setup correctly it will not be an issue. Titanium is used in aquariums but normally I prefer to limit the metal in contact with my system water. Just in case you are looking at other methods here is what I did.

I can’t thank you enough here’s my setup! Love it! Keeps the tank way more stable for what I am hoping to be way less money
IMG_4890.JPG
79e14afd441ae392a07e553848160e03.jpg
ba269cd1b3389b972a3ef0f4e6403fbb.jpg

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your welcome @joporeefpro. I am happy share my setup and experiences. I am glad your radiant heating system is working well for you I have the same experience of radiant heating being very stable and cost efficient. I would like to see a plumbing diagram of your setup as that manifold looks awesome. What size is your system?

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Titanium and aquarium water is not a problem. The reason that I know is because I ran an aquanetic drop- in type chiller for years. The heat exchanger in this non-flow thru design was made of titanium and was simply dropped into the sump and water circulated past it.

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back