To Cipro or Not

  • Thread starter Thread starter dnledman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dnledman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
259
Reaction score
162
Location
Westchester
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I cannot decide if should pull this gig and his rock and do a cipro treatment. These photos are all today, he started out big and fluffy and has now gone through various stages of shrinking and re-inflating. The cipro was ordered yesterday so trying to decide if I set up a hospital tank or not.

He did appear to be expelling something earlier. I’d say he has been deflated for about ~3 hrs.

Nitrate 5ppm
Phos .09
Ca 430
Alk 9.3

What do we think?

IMG_6517.jpeg IMG_6514.jpeg IMG_6513.jpeg IMG_6512.jpeg IMG_6515.jpeg IMG_6447.jpeg
 
Keep an eye out on its mouth. It could be dividing.
 
Thats the pancake look which to me would mean to take out and treat. Healthy gigs do not deflate like that.
 
This is what we look like this morning, splitting feels unlikely?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6523.jpeg
    IMG_6523.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 62
Keep an eye out on its mouth. It could be dividing.

I don't think there has been a single reported case of this happening. There have been examples of forced propagation (cutting) but not natural splits.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU MOST OFTEN NOTICE IN YOUR REEF AFTER LIGHTS OUT?

  • Fish settling into their sleeping spots

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Corals extending feeding tentacles

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Pods and other tiny life on the glass or rock

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Worms, brittle stars, or other cleanup crew

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Crabs or shrimp out and about

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Bioluminescence (actual light produced by organisms)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tank looks pretty much the same to me

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I rarely look after lights out

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new