To Feed or Not to Feed

chitmonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am fighting a burst of digitate hydroids right now. They have gone down in numbers but I am still a long way from where I want to be. I adder peppermint shrimp in hopes one would have a taste.

But without doing coral feedings like Reef Roids and such I am concerned about my Christmas Tree worms and other filter feeders.

Should I go back to feeing the tank?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you
So I am fighting a burst of digitate hydroids right now. They have gone down in numbers but I am still a long way from where I want to be. I adder peppermint shrimp in hopes one would have a taste.

But without doing coral feedings like Reef Roids and such I am concerned about my Christmas Tree worms and other filter feeders.

Have you considered a banded shrimp, they are effective at controlling hydroids

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Put a direct flow towards them. They will probably starve. Hydroids have some predator like hermit crabs ,emerald crab,butterfly fish and Peppermint shrimp but still some eats them while some will not. I have colonial hydroids which would not bother anything so I let them be in my tank also I like their appearance......

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back