To keep or not to keep. The reefkeeper

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I really like my RKL especially for what I have invested in it however I’m excited for the new control by coralvue that’s coming out soon.. great pricing structure and US made! Watch out Apex.. lol

EC7C6E43-7DE3-4DF4-9CFD-A949CB5F9632.jpeg
You may want to keep your RK unit. Hydros is great for control of various pumps, but not that type of controller otherwise

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to keep your RK unit. Hydros is great for control of various pumps, but not that type of controller otherwise

Unless I’m missing something looks like a full featured controller to me..

From their web site:

HYDROS Control 4 is a larger, more powerful device with all the capabilities of the HYDROS Control 2 plus additional ports to monitor, control, and power equipment. Track temperature, pH, ORP, water level, flow, leaks, outlets and more. Control pumps, timers, level sensors, dosers, fans, solenoids, switches, cabinet lighting, and whatever else you dream up. Made in the USA.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HYDROS is the brand name for our new line of smart aquarium products.

First up will be the pump controller you mentioned, the WaveEngine.

Early next year we'll be releasing a couple of full-fledged aquarium controllers/monitors, the Control 2 ($199.99) and Control 4 ($399.99).

HYDROS devices can be used separately or together. You can run just a WaveEngine. You can run only a Control 2. You can run a Control 4 by itself.

You can also use a Control 4 and a Control 2 together. You can use multiple Control 4 units. You can use a WaveEngine with the Control 2 or Control 4. It’s however you want to do it!

Every HYDROS product we release you’ll be able to use on its own or with other HYDROS devices.

Check out the recent interview @Afishionado did with our staff on Reefs.com to learn more: https://reefs.com/2019/10/07/macna-2019-coverage-hydros-from-coralvue/

#Hydros

Last edited:

rocsec1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed years ago from the reefkeeper to the apex. I am really glad I did. The apex is more flexible and useful.

Back