To whom it may concern: Hi!

a hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’m Andrew Hill aka A Hill. If you recognize my username, it’s me elsewhere over the years.

In 2006(or so) I found a 55g in a neighbors garage and since then I’ve become addicted to moss, and all things epiphyte along with microfauna/live food/substrate optimization. I also really love quality tools and products.

I had a specialty planted aquarium Ecommerce business for a handful of years that focused on moss, stainless steel aquascaping tools, ans occasionally hone made aquarium foods and plant food (fertilizer tabs). Between being in college and overcrowding in the market I left the e-commerce business.

The past six years I have been inventing and developing products. I have mostly been working on a very low maintenance vivarium method for large installation. My prototype system is 900 gallons. For testing the system is actually 5 180 gallon tanks and not one single unit. The system works, was planning to launch in March. Covid has put a pause on that product for now.

Fast forward to today, I have a pair of 15 inch cubes I’m playing with to go back to basics and try and get my creative juices flowing again after a long year.
One cube will be sps heavy and the other will be a show fuge and or Seagrass tank if I can manage to find enough at a decent price. The live rock is an iwagumi style layout and hardware is aqua illumination.

My last saltwater tank was an ADA Mini M mixed tank that became a showfuge. Earlier in the year I did a 6 inch cube with locally collected macro algae.

That about sums me up at the moment. I hope to learn a thing or two while I’m here and hopefully even be helpful to others. I should have a build thread up within the week on my current project.

-Andrew

8AF2A72A-0696-4745-A716-30701DFF51C7.jpeg

Last edited:

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this thread concerns me! I’m big into saltwater and have been trying my hand at nano and pico planted freshwater scapes but I’m having trouble sourcing the plants and specific shrimp I want so it’s looking pretty bleh at the moment. I’ve also got a leopard gecko tank that I’ve been wanting to spruce up but I just can’t find the materials I need. Welcome to R2R! It sounds like you have a very solid plan and a good start!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back