Toadstool Mushroom rotting/dying/splitting? Help please.

The base mushroom is attached to a big piece of rock - it's in the iodine dip base right now. Should I not return that rock to the tank, even after rinsing? Will it have soaked up too much iodine that will leach back into the tank?
think just rinse well ,maybe a 2nd if large rock, should be fine.
 
think just rinse well ,maybe a 2nd if large rock, should be fine.
Fragged and cropped and put back in the tank. Lost a lot to bad tissue, but I've got ten pieces fragged onto rubble that are out and looking okay. Not sure about the stalk yet - will see.

Thanks for all the help!
 
keep us updated ,with pics too... :cool:
 
Fragged and cropped and put back in the tank. Lost a lot to bad tissue, but I've got ten pieces fragged onto rubble that are out and looking okay. Not sure about the stalk yet - will see.

Thanks for all the help!
How’d it end up? I’m going thru the same thing right now with one of mine. I had to cut it to pieces and just put them into the tank on sandbed
 
How’d it end up? I’m going thru the same thing right now with one of mine. I had to cut it to pieces and just put them into the tank on sandbed
Any pics
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new