Tomini Tang

Dr. Peter Venkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I was at my LFS yesterday and I saw this little guy, and I had to buy him. I've had tangs before, but never a Tomini Tang. I've heard that they are really shy and are hardly seen, once you get them in the DT. I usually only buy testing kits and food from my LFS, his fish are not the healthiest and it's common to see dead fish in all their tanks. He had this little guy (about 3/4 of an inch) in a huge tank with a dozen other MUCH larger tangs, that were clearly bullying this Tomini. So, I felt it was the right thing to do, to buy him, and bring him home.

I currently have him in quarantine. I will keep him there for about a month. But any input on this type of tang would be great. I will include a pic and video too!

Screenshot_20210409-151621_Gallery.jpg

NoVa Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one. He is very active and cruises the tank picking at the rocks all day. He is a bit of a bully when I add new fish to the tank sometimes but seems to get over it after a few days. He is a pretty fish though.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Juvenile Tomini about 2 months ago. Maybe 1.5". Started out shy and timid but only took a cpl weeks to chum up to my red corris wrasse and become best friends.
Mine eats a mix of frozen foods- mysis, carnivore diet, fish eggs along with other fish. Doesnt look at Nori but spends most of its time grazing the rocks if its not eating out of our hand.
Alot more timid than powder brown but likes to hang out with other fish.

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Tomini tang for two years now and he is a hoot. Out all day cruising the rocks and picking. I've had to put some of my corals under strawberry baskets, just fyi. Not that he's eating them but he's picking algae around them and irritating them. He is quite the show-off bit definitely knows when a new person walks close to the tank, he will hide. He gets along well with his tank mates, a pair of clowns, purple pseudochromis and a yellow tail damsel but I must warn you that he has killed 4 dwarf angels, I finally gave up owning one until the tang has passed.

You will enjoy his antics and his hearty appetite, they are quite the foodies. Beautiful, active fish thats full of personality.
20200909_112639.jpg
20200301_125055.jpg

fishhead1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I was at my LFS yesterday and I saw this little guy, and I had to buy him. I've had tangs before, but never a Tomini Tang. I've heard that they are really shy and are hardly seen, once you get them in the DT. I usually only buy testing kits and food from my LFS, his fish are not the healthiest and it's common to see dead fish in all their tanks. He had this little guy (about 3/4 of an inch) in a huge tank with a dozen other MUCH larger tangs, that were clearly bullying this Tomini. So, I felt it was the right thing to do, to buy him, and bring him home.

I currently have him in quarantine. I will keep him there for about a month. But any input on this type of tang would be great. I will include a pic and video too!

Screenshot_20210409-151621_Gallery.jpg
I've had a Tomini tang for two years now and he is a hoot. Out all day cruising the rocks and picking. I've had to put some of my corals under strawberry baskets, just fyi. Not that he's eating them but he's picking algae around them and irritating them. He is quite the show-off bit definitely knows when a new person walks close to the tank, he will hide. He gets along well with his tank mates, a pair of clowns, purple pseudochromis and a yellow tail damsel but I must warn you that he has killed 4 dwarf angels, I finally gave up owning one until the tang has passed.

You will enjoy his antics and his hearty appetite, they are quite the foodies. Beautiful, active fish thats full of personality.
20200909_112639.jpg
they love to eat make sure u have enough for them. they will open up after while and be a very active swimmer in the open.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back