OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the long delay, but trying to catch up on five articles and a little travel. This is what the draw set from Ikea was used for, the Control Center of my APEX Controller unit. Wire management is very important to me and this is a good way of managing all those wires we can't help but have in this hobby of ours.

IMG_0154-1.jpg

IMG_0156-1.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0154-1.jpg

IMG_0156-1.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony, I just found this thread and the tank looks great. Big, neat, well thought out and I'm sure it can only grow into awesomeness.

Was great seeing you at MACNA 2013, and I'll look forward to the updates.....

OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony- What are those yellow and white covers?

These are three prong male replacement plugs, which allow me to customize the wiring of this project. The yellow replacement plug housing are designated specifically for the Cannon LED drivers and the white ones belong to the T5 wire arrangement.

OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build !!!

What are you doing for supplements?
Are you using a doser or calcium reactor ?

At this point and time the demands from my system only require me to dose kalk through the night with a dosing pump to keep levels balanced. Once the frags become larger I will start an A/B system because the demands will be greater.

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not at all, the area chosen (carefully) for the control center/wire management is very well ventilated.
how is it ventilated, did you install a fan on the rear of the cabinet and do you plan to seal it off from the sump area?

These are three prong male replacement plugs, which allow me to customize the wiring of this project. The yellow replacement plug housing are designated specifically for the Cannon LED drivers and the white ones belong to the T5 wire arrangement.
are they just caps to sit over the plugs and angle the wire to the sides instead of up? or do they replace the plug and one splices them in place? sorry if i'm being dense, but i still don't understand what purpose they serve. can you provide a link to where one would purchase so i can read more about their intended purpose? thanks!

MHG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the long delay, but trying to catch up on five articles and a little travel. This is what the draw set from Ikea was used for, the Control Center of my APEX Controller unit. Wire management is very important to me and this is a good way of managing all those wires we can't help but have in this hobby of ours.

IMG_0154-1.jpg

IMG_0156-1.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg
nice build Tony. I did the same thing with the drawers on my 60 cube build a couple of years ago. I was wondering how you handled the wire management? I tried some cable managers but the bundle was way too big with the eb8's and the other items...

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0154-1.jpg

IMG_0156-1.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

I love how this is set up. Very nice and clean.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We need some update shots! :)

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey tony,

What vendor did you go through to get a Cirrhilabrus brunneus? I saw RVS Fish World has them and I'm interested in possibly getting one?
hey matt, tony has "tony's vault" at his disposal - he's a division of TFT wholesalers. check tony's vault out on facebook for some spectacular photos!

reefernutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jealous of this tank. Outstanding work on the Franken-light..........I'm sure that there are many folks out there right now trying to figure out how to do something similar!

OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I have not been posting much lately but I have been very busy with VargasReef Consulting and my new venture Tony's Vault. After the holidays I will be posting like crazy, again.

BTW, the Cannons where the right selections for this aquarium, as the corals have great color and awesome growth.

Here is just a taste of Vargas Gumdrop Acro.

IMG_2048-A WM.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.8%

Back