OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have set some corals and added fish. But I ordered a lens for my phone online to specifically work with aquarium/reef shots. So I'll wail until it comes in (I hope soon) and I'll post the new photos instead of my fuzzy ones. Fingers crossed that it works. ;Snaphappy

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been getting very wet in this endeavor. For further details or what recommendations on the subject that other reefers have given me (some are funny) you can hop on this thread here. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/short-people-with-big-tanks-maintenance-question.536415/
But in the meantime, I purchased a few tools to help a bit with the whole "mess" thing. The snorkel and mask was a gag gift from my husband.
Tank tools and Snorkel.jpg
Lol that snorkel is not as much as a gag as you think. Wait till your working in it. It'll come in handy.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I outright refuse to put my face in the tank. Will not do it. People ask me "why is the sandbed in your tank that deep?" and the answer is "that is the exact distance from my shoulder to the end of my fingers".
That made me lol.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have set some corals and added fish. But I ordered a lens for my phone online to specifically work with aquarium/reef shots. So I'll wail until it comes in (I hope soon) and I'll post the new photos instead of my fuzzy ones. Fingers crossed that it works. ;Snaphappy
So I was really excited about ordering a Polyp Lab Coral View Lens from Amazon. I'd add the link so people could look at it, but I'm afraid someone would not read my post clearly and actually order it assuming I was recommending it. It doesn't work. My photos don't look any better than before. So now I need to find a camera.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are the photos from my cell phone. They are fuzzy and somewhat hard to see. Sorry. The best suggestion I can give you is to either look at them cross-eyed or drink a few alcoholic beverages first. Believe me, I'm proud of my purchases over the last couple weeks and everyone seems to be doing well.
20190111_134014.jpg
20190111_204222_HDR.jpg
20190111_133944.jpg
20190111_203805.jpg
Diamond Goby Jan 19.jpg

20190111_204222_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my other baby (the furry one) decided to tear her ACL today. So because doggie knee surgery is so cheap,;) I'll have to take it easy on building up the tank this month. The good news is she is calm and being well-loved by her family. ;Nurse;Doctor

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks about your furry ones knee. One of our silky store a knee not cheap but the little buggers are worth it for the unconditional love they give. Here’s to a speedy recovery of your baby and temporary slowdown on the build.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks about your furry ones knee. One of our silky store a knee not cheap but the little buggers are worth it for the unconditional love they give. Here’s to a speedy recovery of your baby and temporary slowdown on the build.
Thanks @Raege. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well @Raege pm'ed me and suggested a camera app that I can load that works with my phone. I still think I want to invest in a camera, but you can see the difference in the photos. Thanks for the tip, Raege!
Regular phone camera:
Coral cropped.jpg
Aquarium app:
Coral photo app.jpg
Phone camera pic 2:
Phone feather duster crop.jpg
Aquarium Camera App photo 2:
feather duster skull app photo cropped.jpg
I'm not going to add all the photos. But the app really makes a difference.

Last edited:

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well @Raege pm'ed me and suggested a camera app that I can load that works with my phone. I still think I want to invest in a camera, but you can see the difference in the photos. Thanks for the tip, Raege!
Regular phone camera:
Coral cropped.jpg
Aquarium app:
Coral photo app.jpg
Phone camera pic 2:
Phone feather duster crop.jpg
Aquarium Camera App photo 2:
feather duster skull app photo cropped.jpg
I'm not going to add all the photos. But the app really makes a difference.
Glad it does the trick. It wont beat a digital camera but will get ya by :)
Pics are very nice you may need to give me setting lessons on the app cause im not getting my pics that nice

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it does the trick. It wont beat a digital camera but will get ya by :)
Pics are very nice you may need to give me setting lessons on the app cause im not getting my pics that nice
I have an android and originally downloaded "aquarium camera" that I actually paid money for -- it didn't work at all. It was terrible. Then I installed "Cameringo Lite". That works great so long as I click on "marco focus". I'm not certain what you have for your I-pad. But that is what I used.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your name on here intrigued me, so i went a took a lemon and added salt on it and tried it.... it wasnt what i expected. Very disappointed in myself.
LOL! ;Hilarious
FYI...it goes well with tequila. ;-)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back