Tonya's 210 Gallon

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to explain to my children that they can't go to college after the WWC/R2R sale over the weekend. It is a good thing they are attractive children. They will have to coast by on their looks from now on, because education is no longer an issue due to all the money I spent on corals. ;)

On another note, I purchased a purple tang on Friday. I've been wanting one for twenty years and he is one of the reasons I purchased a 210. Photos forthcoming. I couldn't get a decent pic.
Thanks for the chuckle. I did one online sale and know how easy it is to rack up a tab. The thrill of the hunt and chase to be the fastest clicker.....
Can’t wait to see the purple rang beautiful fish and on my list of reasons to upgrade tank

Cthehentz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to explain to my children that they can't go to college after the WWC/R2R sale over the weekend. It is a good thing they are attractive children. They will have to coast by on their looks from now on, because education is no longer an issue due to all the money I spent on corals. ;)

On another note, I purchased a purple tang on Friday. I've been wanting one for twenty years and he is one of the reasons I purchased a 210. Photos forthcoming. I couldn't get a decent pic.
I finally got my purple tang last year, love the fish but he is fast. Keep plenty of seaweed in the tank until he settles in.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JFox corals are being delivered today. WWC corals are coming tomorrow. It will be a fun few days of placing and feeding frags. In the meantime enjoy a photo of my tuxedo urchin. He found a shell and has been wearing it around the tank as a hat. I hope it doesn't fall off. ;Cat
Tuxedo Urchin.jpg

mcbdz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LOL, my youngest is in college now and with us starting back in the hobby I need to explain to him that his jobs is going to have to pay for his tuition. LOL. At least he can still live here but, may need to buy his own food. HAHA

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, my youngest is in college now and with us starting back in the hobby I need to explain to him that his jobs is going to have to pay for his tuition. LOL. At least he can still live here but, may need to buy his own food. HAHA
Exactly! LOL!

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the corals came in from the sales with Jason Fox and WWC last week. They are gorgeous -- photography is limited. I need to invest in a good camera. Things are really starting to come around for this tank.
Live Sale Pics 0319.jpg
Live Sale Bubble Busters 0319.jpg
Live Sale Zoas 0319.jpg
Live Sale Ricorea 0319.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I can't wait to start getting to add things.
@mcbdz We are huge Marvel movie fans in my house, so I'm just passing on words of wisdom to you from Captain America... ;);Spiderman
CApatience001f.gif

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is used to it. Actually at least one of my sons talks to the tank. He tells the starry blenny hes so ugly hes cute!
Your son is right. I love starry blennies. My son named our lawnmower blenny Dumbledore II. Dumbledore I had an accident with our rose bubble tip anemone. ;Dead

Last edited:

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joining on this build, the tank is looking great. Like the blennys name, we weren't that creative, our lawnmower is benny. The sump design with the pump in the back I'm sure can be a pain. My dad's 40 has a building an obsession sump and they are that way. I will find out in a week or two what it's like to change out a pump with not being able to see it. I run an eshopps sump, but its the adv series and so it's a differn't layout. I think you'll end up loving the sump even with that flaw.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been getting very wet in this endeavor. For further details or what recommendations on the subject that other reefers have given me (some are funny) you can hop on this thread here. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/short-people-with-big-tanks-maintenance-question.536415/
But in the meantime, I purchased a few tools to help a bit with the whole "mess" thing. The snorkel and mask was a gag gift from my husband.
Tank tools and Snorkel.jpg

Salty, nice build thread. My wife and I attend the larger swap meets and find all kinds of used medical and dental tools for use in the tank. I'm on the east side in Mesa. You should attend the local PROP auctions if you don't already. They have lots of nice corals for auction and it's a fun group. JP

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty, nice build thread. My wife and I attend the larger swap meets and find all kinds of used medical and dental tools for use in the tank. I'm on the east side in Mesa. You should attend the local PROP auctions if you don't already. They have lots of nice corals for auction and it's a fun group. JP
Hi @jporter17 ! I went to my first meeting last month. I pulled a head off of a dead squid to make fish food. :) I plan on attending when I can. I'm a librarian and we rotate weekends. I have to work this weekend or I would be at that one too. I can't wait to officially meet you. The people I met last month were really nice.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joining on this build, the tank is looking great. Like the blennys name, we weren't that creative, our lawnmower is benny. The sump design with the pump in the back I'm sure can be a pain. My dad's 40 has a building an obsession sump and they are that way. I will find out in a week or two what it's like to change out a pump with not being able to see it. I run an eshopps sump, but its the adv series and so it's a differn't layout. I think you'll end up loving the sump even with that flaw.
We have a bicolor blenny named "Benny" too, so apparently we aren't that creative either. :) Let me know how swapping out that pump goes. Mine is noisier than I would like and I'm going to be on a quest to find a quieter one.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't really provided a livestock list so far. So aside snails and hermit crabs, I'll be providing a list. My thirteen-year-old son names every fish we have, so I'm including the names because family is fun...
  • Coral Beauty -- "Bear"
  • 3 Firefish -- "The Crusaders"
  • 2 Anthias -- they are also part of "The Crusaders" group. I had four, two died and they suddenly started schooling with the Fire Fish.
  • Coral Banded Shrimp -- "Lefty". He was missing his left arm when we purchased him. He has since grown it back.
  • Lawnmower Blenny -- "Dumbledore II"
  • Bicolor Blenny -- "Benny"
  • Tuxedo Urchin -- "Archie"
  • 2 Blackish Ice Clowns -- "Blaze" and "Rocket"
  • Blood Red Fire Shrimp -- "Dr. Zoidberg"
  • Purple Tang -- "Nightwing". Nightwing is currently in qt and has been doing great until two days ago when I noticed white poop. :mad: So now I'm treating for that. I'm really grateful to R2R threads for stuff like this.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back