OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love a tank that has a little height to it. My 280 is 36" tall.
I love the height too -- when I'm not cleaning it. ;) It is hard to reach the bottom and place corals. I'm getting better at it though. A 280 must be an impressive tank!

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The watch!!!!!

Indeed! They then airbrushed it out. Can't have sharp-eyed people guessing the ending too soon!
Of course, there were other hints. Obvious one being Keyser Soze, Kevin Spacey.
Not so obvious one being that the Turkish word for 'verbal' is 'sozel'.
Yes, I love this movie! :)

usual_suspects_ver1_xlg.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you've seen my build thread. Robw's 280 build
I just perused it again! Yes! It is an impressive build thread. :) You have put a lot of work into your set up. I'm officially watching it. :)

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just perused it again! Yes! It is an impressive build thread. :) You have put a lot of work into your set up. I'm officially watching it. :)
I've been pretty busy with work this week so I haven't touched it since the weekend. But I need to get back out to the garage tomorrow and keep moving forward. I am getting ready to order all my glass panels soon so I can assemble the tank.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed! They then airbrushed it out. Can't have sharp-eyed people guessing the ending too soon!
Of course, there were other hints. Obvious one being Keyser Soze, Kevin Spacey.
Not so obvious one being that the Turkish word for 'verbal' is 'sozel'.
Yes, I love this movie! :)

usual_suspects_ver1_xlg.jpg
I clearly have nothing better to do tonight. ;)
Usual Suspects.JPG

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tank mystery follows the movie plot then the perp has to be "Lefty." He started out as a gimp, right?

It would be too obvious if the perp were the Purp L tang. :)
Oh why didn't I think of that! LOL! ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where I discuss "stuff" but not really...
So, I asked my husband to pick up gel superglue because I wanted to glue down some frags that I purchased a month ago. They are doing well, so I wanted to make it permanent. He purchased regular super glue and not the "gel". Now...why didn't I pick it up myself? This is where you all learn that I have seizures, and epilepsy is a part of my life. I don't drive. So between my husband and Uber, I pretty much have all my errands taken care of. However...I have a son who turns 16 in September (bonus drivers)! Anyway... the hubby picked up the wrong glue. I didn't want to ask him to go back to the store, so I thought I'd give it a try. Nope! Not only it did not work, but I ripped a section off of my new trumpet coral trying to place him on the rock. Sadness... I'm hoping he makes it through all of this. He was doing really well and I don't want the injuries he sustained from icky glue to be the reason for his demise. My husband, the fantastic man that he is, ran out and purchased the right stuff. But I'm not certain the trumpet coral will survive. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I asked my husband to pick up gel superglue because I wanted to glue down some frags that I purchased a month ago. They are doing well, so I wanted to make it permanent. He purchased regular super glue and not the "gel". Now...why didn't I pick it up myself? This is where you all learn that I have seizures, and epilepsy is a part of my life. I don't drive. So between my husband and Uber, I pretty much have all my errands taken care of. However...I have a son who turns 16 in September (bonus drivers)! Anyway... the hubby picked up the wrong glue. I didn't want to ask him to go back to the store, so I thought I'd give it a try. Nope! Not only it did not work, but I ripped a section off of my new trumpet coral trying to place him on the rock. Sadness... I'm hoping he makes it through all of this. He was doing really well and I don't want the injuries he sustained from icky glue to be the reason for his demise. My husband, the fantastic man that he is, ran out and purchased the right stuff. But I'm not certain the trumpet coral will survive. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
That sucks. I’ve bought super glue that is supposed to be a gel... says so right on the label! Came out like water. I ordered some CorraFix (two little fishies) and really like it!

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks. I’ve bought super glue that is supposed to be a gel... says so right on the label! Came out like water. I ordered some CorraFix (two little fishies) and really like it!
Thanks! I'll give it a try. :)

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They are gels but they separate a bit (or a lot) on transport and just standing around.
I've gotten in the habit of squeezing out the first potentially runny bit and discarding it, before using it on corals.
BSI IC gel used to be the best, but then they changed their formula and it was not great, although I've heard they've changed back to the old one again.
BSI also used to have a metal pin in their caps. This is absolutely key to having it never clog, especially when working around water.
I noticed it right away when BSI stopped using metal pins and switched to plastic. Clog, clog, clog, clog, all the time. It's why I stopped using it.
I'm now using Dynasty Corals frag glue. I like the bottle and yes it does have a metal pin in the cap. :)

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a gold-rimmed/whitecheek tang and a yellow tang at my lfs. They are larger than my purple tang so I'm hoping they get along. I'll pick up a couple mirrors at the dollar store when it comes time to add them to the dt. I saw the gold rim and it was love at first sight.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 80 51.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back