OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My day off...I get to keep my feet up in my fish room, futz around on the computer, and forget about my night last night. (I had to call the police to the library due to two guys O.D.ing in the bathroom. I had to stay late and deal with the cops and incident reports.) They don't tell you in school that this can be the life of a public librarian. I deal with gross stuff all the time. But hey...it helps pay for the fish addiction of my own. I think the H2O2 is working -- maybe it is just a placebo effect. But I would swear my tank is looking better.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I officially changed the name of my thread. While "New Baby Just Delivered..." was a fun one, folks are thinking that I just purchased a new tank when it is over a year old now. So it is officially "Tonya's 210 Gallon". It isn't nearly as fun, but at least I don't confuse people.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6 line (Bruce) is my favorite fish in the tank. Amazing coloration, always swimming around, does this little wiggle move in the front when he sees me. Co exists peacefully with 2 clowns, a blue devil damsel, and a lawn mower blenny in a 28g. He is the only fish that has never exhibited ANY aggression that I’ve seen. The only drawback to owning one: hard to get a good picture!

Oh, and I don’t have any pests :)
6A7CE18D-B412-425F-A520-FF76DFFB443F.png

I was looking at these to add to my new saltwater tank. I think you have sold me. thx.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at these to add to my new saltwater tank. I think you have sold me. thx.
No problem! Make sure you follow the care requirements, apparently they can be pretty aggressive under the wrong conditions.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! Make sure you follow the care requirements, apparently they can be pretty aggressive under the wrong conditions.

ty. I always do research before I do anything in this hobby, especially with my friends here at R2R. Be well, my friend.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I love this website! I generally hop on liveaquaria to find out information about fish aggression, compatibility, etc. But I might be using this from now on. It is officially bookmarked. Thank you @Magellan !

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was a lazy day. Fridays are water changing days since I always have the day off, the kids are gone and it is easier to get it done. (If it needs a good scrub, I wait until my husband is home. Believe it or not, it isn't a good idea for people with seizure disorders to hover over a giant tank of water to clean it. Surprising -- I know. ;) ) But nope. I streamed Netflix, read a book, and did nothing. I didn't even attempt to clean the house. I had the kids do the dishes when they got home from school. So now, since it is my turn to work a weekend, I get to do it when I return from the library at 6:30 tonight. I'm dreading it. That is what happens when I decide to take a day to be useless. But it was worth it.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you found my build thread. ;Hilarious thx for the likes. Not much going on with it right now. I'm letting the tank mature as much as possible before adding fish and corals. Hopefully, I'll be adding livestock starting the 1st of next month. Have a great day.:)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you found my build thread. ;Hilarious thx for the likes. Not much going on with it right now. I'm letting the tank mature as much as possible before adding fish and corals. Hopefully, I'll be adding livestock starting the 1st of next month. Have a great day.:)
The first year is frustrating and you want to bang your head against the wall half the time. But it is wonderful. You have a beautiful set up and it will be fun for you -- despite the occasional concussion from the wall banging. ;) I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first year is frustrating and you want to bang your head against the wall half the time. But it is wonderful. You have a beautiful set up and it will be fun for you -- despite the occasional concussion from the wall banging. ;) I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

thx!

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fantastic husband changed the water yesterday while I was at work. (Insert guilt here, for not doing it Friday like I normally do.) But on the bright side of things, I didn't have to do it last night when I got home from work. ;Wacky

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this website! I generally hop on liveaquaria to find out information about fish aggression, compatibility, etc. But I might be using this from now on. It is officially bookmarked. Thank you @Magellan !
No problem! I love websites with sourced information, its the reason I felt like I could be successful with my wrasse. I followed the instructions and so far so good!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back