OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have eight 8th graders in my home today playing Dungeons and Dragons. Last time the boys got a tad hyper and one ran into my tank. No harm was done, just some startled fish. I managed to keep my cool. I'm thinking of taping off my fish room/area today. These are really good kids and they make me laugh. But I seem to be more worried about the tank than my grandmother's crystal.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have eight 8th graders in my home today playing Dungeons and Dragons. Last time the boys got a tad hyper and one ran into my tank. No harm was done, just some startled fish. I managed to keep my cool. I'm thinking of taping off my fish room/area today. These are really good kids and they make me laugh. But I seem to be more worried about the tank than my grandmother's crystal.

My only kid is a 12lbs brat. I'm more worried about him eating socks than bothering the tank.

#dogdad

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the best shot I could get of the tang gang in full today. My White Cheek doesn't like it when I get the phone out or touch the glass. He is very shy. This might be my first picture of him on here. The Yellow, likes to photo bomb every shot if possible -- he even poses like Zoolander. The purple is generally just a blur.
Tang gang Dec 19.jpg

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the best shot I could get of the tang gang in full today. My White Cheek doesn't like it when I get the phone out or touch the glass. He is very shy. This might be my first picture of him on here. The Yellow, likes to photo bomb every shot if possible -- he even poses like Zoolander. The purple is generally just a blur.
The page errored could not see anything.

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Salty Lemon I am setting up my 210 this week too. My bulkheads just arrived today. Mind posting some Full tank shots? I look to your tank as inspiration .
The picture hasn't changed much since last July -- but I have quite a bit of coraline growing now. It is really pretty under blue lights. Please keep in mind that I was very ill for three months last summer/fall and my tank was not cared for other than occasional water changes kindly done by my husband. I lost corals, fish, and developed dinos. The water is now healthy and so is the tank -- still working on the dinos. So I am rebuilding it so-to-speak. Your tank will likely look better than mine currently does in a year's time. Just make certain to not get seriously ill or neglect it. ;) You will love yours. I've got big plans for it after the holidays are over. The stone shelf on top is reserved for SPS corals when I feel the tank is ready. I'm likely going to be adding more rock, but the display will depend on how many more fish/what kind I want to add and what kind of corals I'll be keeping. I'm very excited for the future. :D;Nailbiting
Full Shot Dec 19.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tang gang Dec 19.jpg
Magnum?

U

User1

View Badges
It was my weekend to work so I have Monday and Tuesday off. Today is my Sunday so-to-speak. After last night's testing, I made plans for today. I was going to run to my lfs and blow my children's Christmas money on corals. ;) But then I remembered the my Liveaquaria order should be arriving before 10:30. So I'll be spending the morning acclimating, and watching. The QT is ready to go at least -- but depending on the conditions of the livestock, it may not be a coral shopping day. I should be receiving a coral beauty, an orange starfish, and a six-line wrasse. ;Happy

I'm a huge fan of Six Lines and Damsels. I think both work amazingly well if we plan the tank properly and it is mature enough to support them. When I had a 100 gallon mixed reef years ago I had a Six Line and it was by far the favorite fish by all who looked at it. Small form factor. Always moving. Eyes always laser focused. Move, stop, hover, and eat. Sometimes in slow motion others lightening fast.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of Six Lines and Damsels. I think both work amazingly well if we plan the tank properly and it is mature enough to support them. When I had a 100 gallon mixed reef years ago I had a Six Line and it was by far the favorite fish by all who looked at it. Small form factor. Always moving. Eyes always laser focused. Move, stop, hover, and eat. Sometimes in slow motion others lightening fast.
Me too. Don’t tell Brew. :)

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Secret Santa has sent three separate boxes of stuff this year. I was truly spoiled. I didn't take pictures -- but I wish I did. I'll be posting this in my build thread too just to be certain that he/she gets the message. I received really fun gifts. I received both reef supplies, which I needed, and fun librarian/reading stuff. Thank you. ;Joyful

OP
OP
Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey are you coming to my house for the meeting this month?...
I'm relatively certain that I work on the 11th. I have four weekends off and then work the next two weekends. It is mixed up a bit in January due to folks taking vacations and such. I'll send you a message on Monday when I can access January's schedule. I can't access it from my home computer. Message me your address. I might be able to swing in to say hello on my lunch hour if you live close enough to the library. Surprise is right next door to me. ;Happy

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back