Too Much Flow/Switching Schedule

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically im running a Mp10 on my Nuvo Fusion 20g this is my mobius schedule. it seems to be making my hammer corals sort of whip around looking like too much flow. Now I have two sections of the tidal swell and the middle is reef crest i was wondering how would i go about switching it over to all Lagoon mode (which is the largest yellow section.) should i just switch over a period of a few days or weeks. do you think this schedule could be negatively effecting my coral?
IMG_1126.PNG

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree 30% sounds just a little high in a 20.
I also think the reefcrest just rapidly changes too much for my euphyllia’s taste.
I have two mp10’s in my 32 cube (24” length) and basically my schedules look like this (the other is the same but cranked up to 30%), I just end up using mostly constant mode (to get the velocity of the water to build up or gyre type affect) broken up by 4x by a 15-30 mins of either lagoonal or constant mode at a higher speed.
ABC2DC9F-7D6F-4C07-9566-75440485A9E8.png

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I would say is when dropping flow, you need to check on the coral some time later like 24-48 hours as I have found that sometimes you inadvertently have a coral placed in an area that now has inadequate flow whereas before it has good flow when flow was higher, hope that makes sense
Basically say this because of euphyllia, they need a gentle flow but man without enough I feel like they fail fast. Just make sure their polyps almost constant jiggle and most will find it enough

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back