Too Much Flow???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nick Rose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nick Rose

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2018
Messages
454
Reaction score
208
Location
San Mateo, Ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this too much flow for SPS. I’m using two Icecap 1k Gyres connected with the Icecap Gyre Dual Pump WiFi controller. One pump is at ramps up to 60% and then the other pump ramps up to 50%. The preset is Sine Wave,Speed Range 0-100%, duration 50min. With the return pump I think this comes to around 1275gph. It’s a 40 gallon tank.

The picture show the direction of the flow.
B00B4B55-CDC2-4778-932F-9BF481D7B7EE.jpeg


 
Looks great to me. In almost every case, especially with "SPS" more flow is better.
 
You can definitely have too much flow - this is not a measuring contest like some people think that it is. However, if the Euphilya are still out and happy, then you do not have too much... the LPS will get mad before the SPS will.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is the full tank view. I’ll have to keep an eye on the left side where the small Frogspawn are.

 
I like the flow I see !!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new