Took The Plunge :)

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Very nice site you have here.
My name is Steve and I am a Tank-A-Holic.
Well at least my wife thinks I am.
It started about 3 weeks ago when I got the itch to try a Saltwater Tank again. The last time was 8 yrs ago and it went well for a few months and then everything die within 1 day. :(
Well, I have to admit that I knew NOTHING back then and with the advent of these online forums, I still admit to knew very little, but love the vast knowledge that is available to prevent a disaster like last time. :cry:

I started with a 29 gallon tank. Then I won the bid on a 110. Then I won the bid on a 55. Then I bought another 55. Then I bought a 20H. Then I was given a 70. Then I bought another 29 and lastly and only 2 days ago, I bought a 150. So I guess you might agree with the wife that I am a Tank-A-Holic :xd:

I have one 29 set up with live sand, live rock and a few fish. Of course the grand kids (and me) had to have 2 clowns (Nemo). We also have a yellow tank and a couple of damsels.
The other 29 is holding the 100 lbs. of live sand and 80 lbs. of live rock that came with the 150 when we broke it down. That is a lot of sand and rock in a 29:eek:. But there is also a Maroon Clown and a Hawk Fish in there that were in the 150 when I bought it. We saved enough water from the tank to set the 29 up for instant success. The fish have lots of hiding spaces.

I am presently cleaning the 150 and getting ready to drill it for the "BEANANIMAL" overflow setup. I have a wet/dry w/ skimmer setup that came with the tank and I am going to add one of my 55's as a refugium. I might have to rebuild the stand to get it in there.

Well I have rattle on long enough. Thanks for listening and enjoy your tanks!

Steve

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome...you say "Tank-A-Holic" like it's a bad thing...at least here, everyone understands and shares your addiction.
I'm glad you are setting up a larger tank...I cringe to think of a tang...any tang..in a 29 gallon tank. The 150 should make it a great home when you're ready.
Glad to see you here...post some pictures when you can.

OP
OP
TANKSALOT

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome...you say "Tank-A-Holic" like it's a bad thing...at least here, everyone understands and shares your addiction.
I'm glad you are setting up a larger tank...I cringe to think of a tang...any tang..in a 29 gallon tank. The 150 should make it a great home when you're ready.
Glad to see you here...post some pictures when you can.

Yes, the Tang addition only came after the purchase of the 150. He is very small, so I should be good until the 150 cycles.
And thanks for UNDERSTANDING :bigsmile:

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Steve!

Be sure to share photos of your systems with the rest of us Tank-A-Holic's.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

OP
OP
TANKSALOT

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!
I look forward to enjoying this site and share what I can while picking up all the advise and knowledge that I can.

Enjoy!
Steve

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea that seemed like way too much stuff in the little tank to me to^

anyways how about some pics :)

OP
OP
TANKSALOT

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is definitely full of sand and rock. But belive it or not the fish have plenty of room to roam.
Here is a pic....

Since taking the pic, i have added the sump and the tank is near crystal clear.

Attachments

• 100_1855.JPG
    100_1855.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 118
Back