Tools to make a hood & stand

I'm going to point out my photo with my post. I've been doing custom wood work for 30 + years. I'll challenge you to name a saw that I don't own except a sliding miter saw. A hand saw and box is more accurate. You can't go wrong with either Milwaukee or Dewalt. I also have Porter Cable. Buy yourself a good tablesaw and build a router table. Routers are my favorite tool. There isn't much you can't do with a router. I have 5 I would recommend one with variable speed capability for the door profiles. If you buy quality tools take your time and enjoy you might just replace your reef addiction with wood working.

Ps buy a lathe, I like to chuck a piece of wood in the lathe and spend a couple hours just to see what comes out of it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new