Top downs Let’s see em

  • Thread starter Thread starter duke62
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Recent RSR 650 upgrade

F02DB575-BCF3-43E4-A877-A301AC0671B2.jpeg 7AB72113-F777-4A07-9402-CCDE3BB95BF8.jpeg 5134D257-FEF6-4A32-A14C-832CDB681DFF.jpeg
 
Amigo.........is that all bubble algae?

unfortunately, yes. It got out of control quickly. It is the only nuisance algae I have a problem with in this tank. I am thinking I should get some emerald crabs, but I think it would take an army.
 
unfortunately, yes. It got out of control quickly. It is the only nuisance algae I have a problem with in this tank. I am thinking I should get some emerald crabs, but I think it would take an army.

I don’t think I would go the emeraldcrab route. They will pop them and just perpetuate the problem as the spores are released. Maybe try vibrant ? you could also try flux for an extended period, or peroxide where possibly
 
I don’t think I would go the emeraldcrab route. They will pop them and just perpetuate the problem as the spores are released. Maybe try vibrant ? you could also try flux for an extended period, or peroxide where possibly

using chemicals is not something I really want to do. I will keep up with manual removal I guess. They don’t seem to bother anything except me. lol.
 
using chemicals is not something I really want to do. I will keep up with manual removal I guess. They don’t seem to bother anything except me. lol.

vibrant isn’t a chemical, it is a concentrated dose of naturally occurring bb
 
I don’t think I would go the emeraldcrab route. They will pop them and just perpetuate the problem as the spores are released. Maybe try vibrant ? you could also try flux for an extended period, or peroxide where possibly
I think that's an old reefer's tale. I have some BA here and there and I've done my fair share of popping ones recently and don't see a bigger issue. I could be totally wrong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new