Top downs Let’s see em

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Amigo.........is that all bubble algae?
unfortunately, yes. It got out of control quickly. It is the only nuisance algae I have a problem with in this tank. I am thinking I should get some emerald crabs, but I think it would take an army.

Justin Aretz

View Badges
Reaction score
unfortunately, yes. It got out of control quickly. It is the only nuisance algae I have a problem with in this tank. I am thinking I should get some emerald crabs, but I think it would take an army.
I don’t think I would go the emeraldcrab route. They will pop them and just perpetuate the problem as the spores are released. Maybe try vibrant ? you could also try flux for an extended period, or peroxide where possibly

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t think I would go the emeraldcrab route. They will pop them and just perpetuate the problem as the spores are released. Maybe try vibrant ? you could also try flux for an extended period, or peroxide where possibly
using chemicals is not something I really want to do. I will keep up with manual removal I guess. They don’t seem to bother anything except me. lol.

Top Shelf Aquatics

SeaDweller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I think that's an old reefer's tale. I have some BA here and there and I've done my fair share of popping ones recently and don't see a bigger issue. I could be totally wrong.

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral
Corals.com
PremiumAquatics.com
Use pumps from different brands TOGETHER!