Top Lids Complaints?

swallace1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone other than me had problems with Top Lids, an aquarium lid maker? Top Lids printed a label, sends me the tracking number, but never turned the box containing the product to FedEx. I verified this with FedEx. Then Top Lids blames FedEx. I paid $560 for the lid and I feel like I have been scammed.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone other than me had problems with Top Lids, an aquarium lid maker? Top Lids printed a label, sends me the tracking number, but never turned the box containing the product to FedEx. I verified this with FedEx. Then Top Lids blames FedEx. I paid $560 for the lid and I feel like I have been scammed.
I waited for a product that I ordered online for a few weeks before it arrived (from a foreign country) but it eventually came. Was not a lid but it was supposed to arrive in two to four days, not weeks.

I hope your lid shows up but it doesn’t seem like it will?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact your credit card company.

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this exact same problem this week and I have been in touch with the owner all week. They told me the fedex terminal was just holding the packages so they had to take them to another terminal. Mine now has movement under tracking.

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1716411363304.png

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very important question is how long it's been and whether or not you've contacted the company. If it's been less than a week, feel free to contact them but don't go initiating a chargeback - sometimes systems have hiccups and it may not even be their fault.

If you haven't already contacted them, do so. While it is still valuable to hear other peoples' experiences, it is likely only the seller that has any actual info on what's going on.

If you've tried contacting them and it's been at least a week (since the tracking number), then it may be time to escalate.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm not defending them BUT when I ordered my lid in January their FedEx hub was a disaster. My lid went back and forth like 3 times to the same place. It eventually showed up but Top Lids was willing to reship.

I did then have an issue with the lid(a miscut) and they reshipped a fixed one in a few days.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kind of a weird explanation of unpacking/repacking for boxes that didnt leave a terminal?
Yeah I agree but they sent me my exact custom lid in a picture as well. Who knows what happened really at fedex I do know they send out lids in bulk once they are finished.

They have been very communicative with me. I understand not everyone's experience is the same but just trying to help OP as they state its packages not just mine

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me just scooch on in here.

They are a scam. Any company that says after 24 hours we keep 30% is a crook, period. If they have made drawings, cuts, then by all means. Nope they take a week to actually send you the first email which is just directions on how to measure. Why rush they at least have 30% for doing nothing. They can f u around all month if they want.

I ran into a customer of theirs that wanted one of the UV reactive lids. THEY PAINTED THE LID. Paint. There is poly that will glow under UV. There is no reason to use paint on something over a wet environment. It lasted one week. Hilariously it appears to be one pictured on their website.

They pretend to be multiple people. It's bizarre but a great way to really toss you around.

I have not seen anyone pretending to be them respond to negative comments here on reef2reef.

My goals are two fold. Get them removed as a sponsored company here with reef2reef, and to legally and honestly warn ANYONE AND EVERYONE I can about these crooks.

There are actual honest people that make lids and I implore you to use them instead and avoid TOP LIDS.

Reef Wizard

tomtheturkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL please tell me you told him to eat carp because that is just about the biggest bunch of bull poo pie I have ever seen!
I'm not going to argue about anything cuz that's just silly. I'm sorry you had a negative experience. I just wanted to let OP know what was going on. I actually never had to reach out to them about the tracking they reached out to me. They cannot help what the shipping company does.

I have my lid now everything is great and fits on my tank. Hopefully OP does too

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just to provide a little balance here, I had a very large and complex lid built by Top Lids. It was a smooth transaction from design to production to shipping. I'm very happy with the lid.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to provide a little balance here, I had a very large and complex lid built by Top Lids. It was a smooth transaction from design to production to shipping. I'm very happy with the lid.
Just because a murderer doesn't kill everyone he's alone with, still makes him a murderer. Metaphor of course.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.3%
Back