nshields24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the tips of torch corals regrow and create a new torch? My torch coral died from brown jelly disease and it was dropping parts of its tentacles. When I cleaned out the torch after it passed and everything I noticed a couple days later that the tips of the coral and bits and chunks that were at the bottom of my tank were still “alive” like they still had those neons colors. Is there some way I can grow these bits and chunks of the torch coral into new ones? I have seen them for about 4 days and these chunks and bits aren’t turning brown like the diseased pieces. What should I do?

D1173C3E-6009-4133-BC48-67CD34332177.jpeg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyp bailout is a last ditch attempt for the torch to survive. It is possible for the torch to come back, but looking at your tank, it appears to be very new, so unfortunately, I'd say it has little chance of survival.

PS: Remove your address from the "location" info in your profile.

Upvote 0

FairbanksReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a baby hammer that was a tiny crumb of a frag. I had ordered from Tidal Gardens and the hammer was bailing out when I got it, they gave me a refund because it counted as dead on arrival. I put the frag in my tank anyway to see if it would make and it completely blew off its skeleton in a couple of days and then the several pieces kinda bounced around for a while until they were gone. About 2 months later I found a tiny baby hammer growing on the dead skeleton...

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back