Torch help?

jsnider5

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas what could be bothering my torch? Is it a flow issue?

Salinity is 34.6
Phosphate .11
Nitrate 14
Mag between 1260-1290
I haven’t had the chance to test alk but I usually sit right around 8.0
The torch was added over a week ago and just looks so stiff all the time.

I’m hoping to fix whatever it’s being irritated by.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1766.mov
    37.3 MB
Any ideas what could be bothering my torch? Is it a flow issue?

Salinity is 34.6
Phosphate .11
Nitrate 14
Mag between 1260-1290
I haven’t had the chance to test alk but I usually sit right around 8.0
The torch was added over a week ago and just looks so stiff all the time.

I’m hoping to fix whatever it’s being irritated by.
Well, probably either light or flow or both. From the video it could definitely need more random flow. I can’t tell about light. In my tank, euphyllia seem to thrive with magnesium at 1400 or higher but currently I don’t think that’s your problem. Good luck and keep us updated.
 
Upvote 0
Well, probably either light or flow or both. From the video it could definitely need more random flow. I can’t tell about light. In my tank, euphyllia seem to thrive with magnesium at 1400 or higher but currently I don’t think that’s your problem. Good luck and keep us updated.
Does that look like too much light?
 
Upvote 0
Does that look like too much light?
I can’t tell at all, they like moderate light. Par around 150-200 is perfect but I’ve seen some people who acclimated them to higher.
 
Upvote 0
IMO it needs more laminar flow. The flow it going more upright that’s why the tentacles look like that. Increase flow more and across the head but make sure it’s still random
 
Upvote 0
IMO it needs more laminar flow. The flow is too upright that’s why the tentacles look like that. Make it stronger random flow across the head
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new