Torch looking weird

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so for the last couple of days this torch has been kind of retracted and bubbled up not sure why nothing has changed.
20170527_161743.jpg

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out my pink tip Haitian and enemy just killed my 10 headed Hammer Coral it was a beauty took less than 6 hours to completely kill it anyone want to have pink Haitian tip an enemy beautiful it is beautiful but kills everything that comes in contact with will not set its foot then four or five weeks in the tank wondering and I feed it wherever it is but it just won't stop killing my other corals

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check for proper water flow over it needs medium and moderate to higher lighting check chemicalss make sure your pH is right and that you have enough calcium in the tank how often do you do water changes do you have a protein skimmer what size is the tank and what is the filtration

OP
OP
Shaddow_wolf169

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out my pink tip Haitian and enemy just killed my 10 headed Hammer Coral it was a beauty took less than 6 hours to completely kill it anyone want to have pink Haitian tip an enemy beautiful it is beautiful but kills everything that comes in contact with will not set its foot then four or five weeks in the tank wondering and I feed it wherever it is but it just won't stop killing my other corals
Not sure where that came from I have one as well doesn't bother anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shaddow_wolf169

Shaddow_wolf169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check for proper water flow over it needs medium and moderate to higher lighting check chemicalss make sure your pH is right and that you have enough calcium in the tank how often do you do water changes do you have a protein skimmer what size is the tank and what is the filtration
Water flow is good I run the nyos 160 skimmer I run a sump with algae's chemicals are always in check. Calcium is at 560 like always. He has been fine forever torches in the back are happy.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird. No cleaning or stirring lately?

In the pic I see. The seem a bit brown? Is that a true color ?

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shadow Wolf corals are very vicious two other corals they sting them killing them they also eat them I'm finding out now why I got away from anatomies

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a carpet an enemy that ate every new fish I put in it the next day it would be gone I don't suggest carpets and I'm regretting the Anatomy I just killed one hammer Coral Too Close brains and my favorite Hammer Coral I feed it wherever it is but it still keeps going I think I'm going to need an anatomy cradle have you ever saw one of those I see the core on The Middle and it looks like it's being stressed any new water movement or lighting tour around it or is it sat there the whole time and supposed to look like the big one

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Middle one I think that's the torch coral you talking about that looks stressed anything new over it around it under it new chemicals to the water your protein skimmer is properly operating a lot of corals won't do good in dirty water do you have a clean up crew this eliminates phosphates and nitrates from being in the tank

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you losing color size shape or length of the technical is going wrong and how long ago did you notice it

nc208082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shadow Wolf corals are very vicious two other corals they sting them killing them they also eat them I'm finding out now why I got away from anatomies
Please use propper grammar and spelling.

Also how is all your posts about anemones killing your corals helping op figure out why his torch look weird.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you're none of me is happy it will not move if it is being fed right proper lighting and water flow and feedings I see you you have one on the other side of your tank watch it very carefully how long have you had it anatomies will start to move with stress lack of food water movement or light but it does not sound like you're an enemy is a problem watch it very closely I didn't and it took out one of my nicest corals

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No use for proper grammar you can get it in one sentence I'm not going to sit here and type it out if I can't voice to email it doesn't need to be sad but the coral she's talking about is stressed she needs to find out when this started and why the other torches look perfectly fine

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back