Torch releasing eggs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter treebear87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

treebear87

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2022
Messages
41
Reaction score
24
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I’ve been watching this torch today because it looked fine in the am then at about 2pm it looked super whimpy and was releasing a clear mucus with white dots in it. The fish were trying to eat it so after doing a brief web search I decided to turn off the pumps etc and stand guard chasing off fish so it could settle somewhere. What do y’all think?? Spawn?

According to what I’ve read this is typical behavior for Aussie gold (I don’t think that’s what I have-pretty sure I have an indo) near a full moon but in dec….
its pretty much back to its normal now.

08CF5677-6D64-4D9F-AD9E-19580DC98B71.jpeg 52CB549F-B61D-4275-BEED-219D0191D02D.jpeg
 
It looks like they are releasing the tips of their 'tentacles' - which may be able to produce a new colony if it lands somewhere proper. @Thales?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new