Torch retracted for multiple months

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a torch that has been retracted for about 2.5 months. I’ve dipped it in coral Rx, changed its location, cleaned its skeleton. Not sure what else to do as other torches seem to be fine. Here’s some photos
IMG_0536.jpeg
IMG_0537.jpeg
IMG_0589.jpeg
IMG_0588.jpeg
IMG_0742.jpeg

924er

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you are dealing with some recession, likely bacterial disease. I see thats a rasta torch. Whats interesting is that I had the same issue after keeping them long term, they seem to slowly waste away. Even when the flesh band was healthy, the tentacles just shrunk up. For some reason these aussie torches dont do well long term. I personally dont keep any aussie torches for that reason, although i did recently get an aussie 24k gold only because I have always wanted one and they are super nice. If it lives for one year, ill be happy

wzf106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what parameters are you running?

OP
OP
Yooper Reef

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you are dealing with some recession, likely bacterial disease. I see thats a rasta torch. Whats interesting is that I had the same issue after keeping them long term, they seem to slowly waste away. Even when the flesh band was healthy, the tentacles just shrunk up. For some reason these aussie torches dont do well long term. I personally dont keep any aussie torches for that reason, although i did recently get an aussie 24k gold only because I have always wanted one and they are super nice. If it lives for one year, ill be happy
I have the 24k gold also so we shall see what happens to it

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think it's bacterial infection, you can dip with a hydrogen peroxide/tank water dip

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far is the space invader pectinia? Looks close. One of the few corals that can win a war against a torch. I believe the sweepers can be up to 6 inches. Check out what those sweepers are doing with lights out.

OP
OP
Yooper Reef

Yooper Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutrients are stable as it’s an sps tank. They are on the sand as that’s the lowest flow area and lower par. Only recently has it moved near the pectina and with the flow the sweepers only go straight up. I’m going to have to try some other dips

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back