Torch with black dots & damaged tentacles?

jgabbsxx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2023
Messages
133
Reaction score
90
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

I purchased a Hellfire Torch and got it into the tank today. I did do a CoralRX dip before putting it in there, but when I came home from work I noticed a bunch of these black little dots on the tentacles and what seems to be some of the tentacle tips to be “ripped” off. Any clue what this is and what I need to do?
IMG_7018.jpeg
IMG_7015.jpeg
 
I'm no pro by any means but my torch has similar "spots" which are new growth points. Mine are more white dots in color - could it be your lighting making them look black? Mine has lost a few tips too randomly over the last month (I have only snails and one fish). Its very happy and growing good. Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in. Best of luck!
 
Hi Reefers!

I purchased a Hellfire Torch and got it into the tank today. I did do a CoralRX dip before putting it in there, but when I came home from work I noticed a bunch of these black little dots on the tentacles and what seems to be some of the tentacle tips to be “ripped” off. Any clue what this is and what I need to do?
IMG_7018.jpeg
IMG_7015.jpeg
Maybe flatworms, I’d give it a good inspection.
 
I'm no pro by any means but my torch has similar "spots" which are new growth points. Mine are more white dots in color - could it be your lighting making them look black? Mine has lost a few tips too randomly over the last month (I have only snails and one fish). Its very happy and growing good. Hopefully someone more experienced chimes in. Best of luck!
Unfortunately not the lighting. The torch seems to be extending out now so I might just reevaluate it in the morning and see if it might meed another dip!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new